The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

AM Empty Stomach Cardio Question...

Quick question:

If I eat my last meal at around 1200/1230 am (25g whey, 25g casein, 1/3 cup of cashews), when is it recommended to do cardio in the morning on an "empty stomach"? Like how many hours do you suggest to wait between the last meal at night and hopping on that elliptical (that's what I use) in the morning? Thanks fellas (and ladies)

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I wouldn't eat cashews before bed bro, that's just me...they make me feel like shyt if I eat them before bed... I'd just suggest some fat, like flax, or fish oils... Udo's Oil is great...

Anyways, the bigger issue that you should be concerned with is your amount of SLEEP. Sleep is very important, and you should get 8 hours a night to be properly rested, and to grow etc..... generally speaking....
    Can you go to bed earlier? If you have to go to bed at that time, 8:30 or so should be ok.....

I need some more info. regarding your schedule though, do you go to bed at that time? Shortly there after? Is that consistent? What time do you have to get up for work/school? Etc...

When I'm working, and not in school, I try to go to bed earlier, and hit the bike at 6am....

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I wouldn't eat cashews before bed bro, that's just me...they make me feel like shyt if I eat them before bed... I'd just suggest some fat, like flax, or fish oils... Udo's Oil is great...

Anyways, the bigger issue that you should be concerned with is your amount of SLEEP. Sleep is very important, and you should get 8 hours a night to be properly rested, and to grow etc..... generally speaking....
    Can you go to bed earlier? If you have to go to bed at that time, 8:30 or so should be ok.....

I need some more info. regarding your schedule though, do you go to bed at that time? Shortly there after? Is that consistent? What time do you have to get up for work/school? Etc...

When I'm working, and not in school, I try to go to bed earlier, and hit the bike at 6am....
    Honestly, I have only been doing cardio twice a week lately--Saturdays and Sundays. But right now I'm doing an internship (through the end of the year)and it's a full time job (8am - 6pm). My first meal is usually at around 9am, lunch at noon, another meal at 3/330ish, pwo at around 7/730ish, ppwo at around 9ish. The reason why I go to sleep later is to make sure I get my pro/fat meal in. So around 1130/midnight, I down that meal and go to sleep soon thereafter. Usually during the work week, I don't do AM empty stomach cardio (because I wanna make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep). But come the weekend, I make sure I get in my cardio because I know I can get more sleep and wake up later. That's why I asked the question.

Hopefully that helped a little. Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You'll want to hit the sack earlier... 10:30pm would be ok.... take your pro & fat shake then....then wake at 6:30am and do cardio....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    Like how many hours do you suggest to wait between the last meal at night and hopping on that elliptical (that's what I use) in the morning? Thanks fellas (and ladies)
    Although you do need more sleep, yes, you've covered that already.

As far as how many hours need to pass from a fat/pro meal to a productive cardio session, I'd say 2.5-3.

~SC~

Thread Information