FireSoldier is offline New Member

post workout recovery

im curious about pwo, in the past i have never bothered with a dextrose after training, but after reading the stickies i realize how important a carb pwo is, right now im trying to lean out, so i am trying to keep my carbs minimal after my 3 meal of the day(1:00pm ish), now sometimes i dont get to train until later in the evening, is having 90g of carb (2 x pwo whey) that late in the day going to have a negative effect on my fat loss abilities? also is using a "cell-tech type" sup for this reason a good idea for someone in my situation? you guys are great, a sea of knowledge, thanks everyone.

skribbble is offline Member
    cell tech sucks. Its good to have like 40-50 grams of protein and then double that in carbs.. So you are fine with that. i know it sounds weird i thought so to begin with but it actually is a good idea. Id recommend a small dosage of creatine, only like a tablespoon or so mixed with a gatorade. That should give you close to the carbs that you need. Also a jello or 2 is what i usually have.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    YOur wasting your money on cell tech. Your basically paying for the brand. Buy some dextrose, mix a packet of cool-aid( 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 fats), mix creatine, and you've got phosphagen. It will not have a negative effect on your diet. You need pwo+ dextrose whether your bulking or cutting. What doesnt help your diet is the number of meals your eating. Shoot for 6-8

sorry let me clear that up, after my third meal of the day around 1 oclock i try to keep carbs minimal, i eat between 6-7 meals a day, i have not bought any celltech i was just wondering about it thanx for the advise everyone.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    That's cool. When i'm on a cutting diet, i only eat carbs in three meals, breakfast, pwo, and ppwo.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    cell tech sucks. Its good to have like 40-50 grams of protein and then double that in carbs.. So you are fine with that. i know it sounds weird i thought so to begin with but it actually is a good idea. Id recommend a small dosage of creatine, only like a tablespoon or so mixed with a gatorade. That should give you close to the carbs that you need. Also a jello or 2 is what i usually have.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell are you talking about boy!?! gatorade and jello SUCK for PWO, get dex, hell its even cheaper

dcb

niXon)( is offline Member
    I always thought sugar was sugar? dex is pure sugar. i forgot my dex at my house, and im not going to order some more just because i forgot it, so im going to have 2cups ff milk with 8 pack of sweet tarts, =80g pure sugar, carbs.

gotta do what u gotta do.

but if u can order dex do it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ideally you want two pwo meals that are carb/pro, no matter what time of day/night it is.

If you perform an activity that is indicative of you needing pwo nutrition, you MUST consume it.

~SC~

short and sweet ~SC~ thanx for everyones insight, i can see clearly now the rain is gone

Thread Information