Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Mind is split again

My original intent was to compete next december. But now there is gonna be a new true beginners contest 12 may and I am kind of split in wich competition I should compete.

My plan was to slowely bring my weight down over the course of the spring and then do a hardcore 16 week diet for the show. But if I decide to the may show then I have to begin my hardcore diet asap. I would estimate Im around 15-16%bf right now(when compering to last messurement) and Im 100kg(220 ibs) and 5"11. Im just doubtfull if I could get into shape in 5 months....

Every diet I have ever done has failed. I have reached 10% bf and then nothing happens no matter how hard I work. its like my body pushes the breaks. But ever diet I have done has been 5 months of dieting and cardio and I think it always end with my mind beeing so worn out of the dieting that I just break down...

Enough rambling I guess lol. But is it possible for me to get in competition shape in 5 months if I assume worst case scenario and my bf% is 16? I would like to get down to 5% or so....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd be more concerned with why you can't break the 10% barrier at all, rather than worrying about how long it'll take to actually get INTO comp. shape. If you can't break that barrier bro, you aren't going to be able to compete. Know what I mean?

~SC~

yes. I think the main reason was that the 3 diets I have done in my life was all like from jaunary to juli. I probably could push myself down more but after 6 monhts of 7 cardio sessions a week while almost starving I feel so wasted mentaly that I some nights almost cri when the carb cravings hits me like a sledgehammer....

also they have been learning expericenes and what I have learnd this last year on this board has made me realise many misstakes I did. but not sure I know enough yet to acctualy plan a comp diet

Good you learned bro because it shouldn't take you anywhere NEAR 6 months.

I'd probably jump off a bridge myself if I dieted for that long.

~SC~

No kidding when looking back at those diets now I have NO clue how I managed them. They have some very serious effects on my mind and I wouldnt want to put myself through 6 months of hell like that again if I dont have to.

This is a tricky question to answere I know but assume I have a VERY slow metabolism(i can get fat on 3k kcal/day easily)how long do you think it should take me to drop 10%bf? 20 weeks or so?

That is tricky bro, w/out knowing you and working w/you, it's very hard to say.

~SC~

ok. I guess Il have to think hard during the break from training In gonna take during christmas and new years even and plan what Im gonna do.

Do you do competition diets?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    You want get to bulk for very long. I would start the diet 16 weeks out. For now and up till Feb. 1 eat bulking diet but stay very clean-- just more proportions. I dont know if the contest is drug testing. If not you should do a cutting cycle .
    The diets you failed at may just be too stricked or you didnt add a cheat meal in. A cheat meal will help fight urges. But keep in mind your BF is 16% and if you want to be contest ready, you cant cheat. You do have a long road ahead but stay possitive.
    I say do the competition. You'll definitely need a good plan of attack, though. IMO the more competitions you do the better you get, so go for it.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    What about some GH to help shed some bf?

MBH if I had the cash then I would run GH but I have enough troubble to have cash enough for food and gear

Depends on what kind of job I find after christmas right now Im unemployed...

MBH if I had the cash then I would run GH but I have enough troubble to have cash enough for food and gear

Depends on what kind of job I find after christmas right now Im unemployed...

Thread Information