timbojoe is offline New Member

Crystal light versus pure water

Will drinking 1.5 gallons of very weak crystal light be about the same as drinking water?

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Yes, although cutting out the crystal light altogether would be best...

Reciever84 is offline Junior Member
    There's something weird about crystal lite but I'm not sure what it is. If I drink a gallon of water I'm pizzing my brains out every 25 minutes but drink the same gallon of Crystal Lite and forget it. Barely even a drop. Once I noticed that effect I quite drinking it altogether.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciever84
    There's something weird about crystal lite but I'm not sure what it is. If I drink a gallon of water I'm pizzing my brains out every 25 minutes but drink the same gallon of Crystal Lite and forget it. Barely even a drop. Once I noticed that effect I quite drinking it altogether.
    Well, I don't think Crystal Light has any sodium, that would be the only explanation. I think the Crystal Light sweetener is aspartame which you should not OD on since it metabolizes into formaldehyde. Splenda is a much better sweetener.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Well, I don't think Crystal Light has any sodium, that would be the only explanation.

Thats the only thing I thought also.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I think it actually does have sodium in it...trace amounts though. Maybe enough in a gallon to make a difference.

clchase is offline Female Member
    I think that it can;t be the SAME as drinking water becuase at the very least, it has 5 calories per serving (8oz?) and if you are drinking 1.5 gallons a day, you are adding calories, which may be ok if you are bulking, etc. right? But, I suppose may not be ok if you are watching calories, and they are useless calories at that.
    Also, it does have artificial sweeteners so you are adding chemicals to your bod, whereas y6ou would be adding nothing but water if you were drinking plain....water....just some thoughts.

Thread Information