please critique my diet

I'm 5'9", 237lbs, 16-18% bf, this is the first day of my 2nd week into my diet. First week was no stimulants besides black coffee and an occasional diet coke. I started my clen today, have to wait about 3-4 more weeks for my prop and EQ, but I wanted to start shedding early. This is waht my diet today looked like

7:00a- 4 whole eggs(scrambled)
    1 cup of oats
    1 non fat yogurt
    black coffee

10:00a- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1 sweet potato

1:00p- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1/2 sweet potato
    banana

4:00p- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1 packet of dried tuna fish(20 grams protien)
    small handfull of plain peanuts

6:00p- small bowl of rice
    black coffee
    6:45p (40 minute workout, 40 min cardio session)

8:30p- 60 gram protien shake mixed in with 75 grams of dextrose sugar

9:30p- 1 Healthy choice dinner
    1/lb lean hamburger
    1 bowl of mixed veggies
    2 tbls flaxseed oil

11:30- bed time

So far I feel a tad bit run down during the day, but not dead feeling or too lethargic, maybe a little. My strength has not dropped that significantly yet. I know they say not to lose more than a couple pounds a week to keep your muscle mass, but is it common to lose 5 or 6 your first week due to water loss? So what do you guys think?

for the last meal I meant 1/4 lb lean burger not 1 lb, cant type for ****

squatster is offline Associate Member
    get rid of the burger and put fish or chicken , Add more flax seed and do some salids so you can ****. Sweet potato's make me hold to much. I like brown rice for the carb better. On some the potato makes it so you can't absorb your nutrent and vitamins from your foods. You could even try some milled flax seed. It is pritty good sprinkled on stuff.
    If you want to do that cardio you may want to start adding more protein so you son't loose to much muscle. I don't beleave in cardio for loseing fat. You loose way to much muscle. The more muscluler you are the more calories you will burn. When you get to a certain percentage of fat some peoples body will burn more fat sitting on there ass reading then 40 minutes of cardio
    Infact after reading your post again. I would restrane from cardio and add some more sets to your work out. A lot of people will lose water fast as hell, and others hold on to it for ever.
    Loose the diet coke also and I did not see any thing about your water intake.
    Try to do at least 2 gallons a day. It will help you not hold as much water. I know it is a pain in the ass peeing every five minutes but you will adapt and learn to exept it

sorry - If any one disagrees - let him know.

currently I get a little over a gallon a day of water, 2 gallons a day!!! Man, thats gotta be tough. Also, the lean hamburger is only once every 3 days for the iron in it. I do 2 days in a row with chicken and tuna, then 1 day chicken ,tuna ,hamburger. When I get about 6 weeks into it I usually drop the hamburger, but maybe I should try that now huh? I've tried just doing more sets and no to little cardio before but all it made me do was overtrain. Am I going about it the wrong way doing short intense heavy workouts but cardio also?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I'm 5'9", 237lbs, 16-18% bf, this is the first day of my 2nd week into my diet. First week was no stimulants besides black coffee and an occasional diet coke. I started my clen today, have to wait about 3-4 more weeks for my prop and EQ, but I wanted to start shedding early. This is waht my diet today looked like

IN CAPS

7:00a- 4 whole eggs(scrambled)
    1 cup of oats
    1 non fat yogurt
    black coffee
    NEED MORE PROTEIN HERE... YOURE MIXING CARBS AND FATS WHICH IS BAD FOR CUTTING. GET RID OF THE EGG YOLKS AND MAKE IT 8 OR 10 WHITES. WITH 1/2 CUP OATS. NO YOGURT

10:00a- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1 sweet potato

1:00p- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1/2 sweet potato
    banana

4:00p- 1 skinless chicken breast
    1 packet of dried tuna fish(20 grams protien)
    small handfull of plain peanuts
    YOU CAN DITCH THE CHICKEN AND MAKE IT 2X TUNA... OR 1 1/2 CANS, THEYRE A LOT CHEAPER. MAKE THE PEANUTS 1 OZ THATS ENOUGH FAT FOR A PRO/FAT MEAL

6:00p- small bowl of rice
    black coffee
    I HOPE ITS BROWN RICE. HOW MUCH IS IT? ADD SOME PROTEIN

6:45p (40 minute workout, 40 min cardio session)
    CARDIO IS MOST EFFECTIVE FOR FAT BURNING IN THE MORNING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE. IF YOU LET YOUR BODY GO 40 MINUTES (CARDIO) AFTER WORKOUT WITHOUT THE PWO SHAKE YOURE MISSING THE MOST ANABOLIC TIME OF YOUR DAY.

8:30p- 60 gram protien shake mixed in with 75 grams of dextrose sugar

9:30p- 1 Healthy choice dinner
    1/lb lean hamburger
    1 bowl of mixed veggies
    2 tbls flaxseed oil
    NEED PROTEIN/FAT/CARB COUNTS ON THE HEALTHY CHOICE DINNER... IF IT HAS A LOT OF CARBS YOURE MIXING CARBS WITH FATS (HAMBURGER) AND THATS BAD. DONT NEED FLAX OIL IF YOU KEEP THE HAMBURGER.

11:30- bed time
    YOU NEED A PROTEIN/FAT MEAL RIGHT BEFORE BED TO PREVENT CATABOLISM (MUSCLE BREAKDOWN)
    You need to read the cutting sticky at the top of this forum. I think youre getting too many carbs during the day, you can make it 3 pro/carb and 3 pro/fat meals or whatever but just cut down on the carbs. Flaxseed oil, peanuts, mayonaise, olive oil, peanut butter are excellent sources of fats. Also you need to tell us how many grams of fat/protein/carbs are in all your meals. www.fitday.com is a calculator for that

www.fitday wow that is cool

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    DEFFINETLY do cardio in the morning before eating anything so your body will use fats as energy instead of food in your stomach. Then lift later in the afternoon. Mixing carbs and fats is bad mmmk.

Thread Information