Aggression is offline Member

Dextrose and whey after boxing?

Would dextrose and whey be good to take AFTER a boxing workout. I plan on taking 25 g of whey and 50 g of dextrose right after my boxing workout.

Let me clarify I am NOT doing a boxing workout to lose weight, but to get in cardio shape so I can maybe get an amateur fight in the spring or summer. So I am not boxing for fat loss.

Would gatorade be better to take with it than dextrose?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    The advantage with a sport drink(gatorade) is that it restores your electrolytes, which you need after intense anerobic exercises such as boxing, basketball, etc... I dont know how helpful the dex and protein would be after training. Look at boxing like running, you wouldnt have dex and protein after that.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    The advantage with a sport drink(gatorade) is that it restores your electrolytes, which you need after intense anerobic exercises such as boxing, basketball, etc... I dont know how helpful the dex and protein would be after training. Look at boxing like running, you wouldnt have dex and protein after that.
    Yea I take dex and whey protein after I play a high intense sport. Works good for me.. See no prob. after a boxing session..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd go for a regular longer lasting meal. You aren't tearing apart muscle fibers nor depleting muscle glycogen w/anaerobic exercise, so I see no need to spike insulin and replinish muscle glycogen so quickly.

~SC~

No I am going to eat a meal Swole, I'm talking RIGHT after my workout. I think I'm going to try 1 scoop of whey mixed in 8 oz of water, drink that, and than slam a small bottle of Powerade right after that.

Anyone else?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    No I am going to eat a meal Swole, I'm talking RIGHT after my workout. I think I'm going to try 1 scoop of whey mixed in 8 oz of water, drink that, and than slam a small bottle of Powerade right after that.
    Hey bro, it was just a logical suggestion, you don't have to jump down my
    throat, d*mn.

Sorry I posted.........do what you wish. Your proposed protocol makes absolultely no sense, especially protein before any type of carb, but hey, you know it all already.

Makes me wonder why I even try to help out sometimes.

I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

~SC~

Sorry Swole, I didn't mean to piss you off even though I don't exactly know how I did that. I was asking for your help. Did I put something in my post that would make you think I was dissin' you?

I just merely stated that I was gonna eat a meal after my boxing workout (probably about 45 minutes after). I was talking about RIGHT AFTER my boxing workout. I thought it would be wise to take a carb AND some whey. That's what I was asking you.

And you say "Your proposed protocol makes absolultely no sense, especially protein before any type of carb".

So does that mean I should drink the powerade first and than take the whey? I'm just trying to do this the right way.

Please, I need help with this.

I forgot, HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thread Information