mitch911 is offline Member

PWO during a workout

just wondering if it would be benificial to have some of your pwo shake after your done working out ur fisrt muscle group in your workout. say u do back and biceps...once finished ur back workout start drinking it and then have the rest after ur done ur biceps that way ur back doesnt have to wait another 30 mins to get the nutrients to it to start recovering..just wondering if its benefical and the reasoning behind it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No.

~SC~

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Mitch you have your answer, nice SC simply put.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I actually read something about this recently that recommended starting your PWO shake during your workout...but I would think that your body would burn up everything in the shake to supply energy for the next body part and not use the nutrients...regardless, SC would know.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There is no point really, water is all you need. You should not be in the gym wasting time to where you'd need to drink anything for energy, and you don't want to use the pwo shake for energy that's for sure. If you are not drinking it for energy, there is no "rush" to hurry and get it down after a bodypart is done, as you can simply wait until you are totally done. I wait 5 mins. or so after a cool-down to let my body realize "it's over", and that what I am drinking can be used for repair. You don't want a slin spike and blood being pooled to the stomach during the rest of your workout making you lethargic, wasting nutrients, etc. Get in, drink water and work hard, then get the h*ll out and drink the recovery drink that is labeled POST-workout for a reason.

~SC~

mitch911 is offline Member
    alright thanks

Thread Information