Thread: Question

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Question

Cost of Living here is rather high.

My question is... Can i ingest the majority (1/2) of my protein from protein powders?

~Nark

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I tried something like that and didn't see the gains that I saw with whole foods...

See if there's a BJs, walmart, sams club to get your meat...If they don't have any there's always tuna...

If you can't afford it, then what choice do you have? Powder's better then nothing...

One question...Is it true that Drinking and Driving is Legal there?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't see why 1/2 would be bad myself, as that is not the majority, it's 1/2.

As well, those who follow a 6 meal per day protocol usually have 3 shakes and 3 solid meals, thus getting 1/2 the protein from shakes anyhow!!

~SC~

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    If it works, it works. If it dont, it dont. You'll have to experiment with that for yourself.
    Personally, i like eating more solid meals. 7 meals a day- 5 solid,2 shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    I tried something like that and didn't see the gains that I saw with whole foods...

See if there's a BJs, walmart, sams club to get your meat...If they don't have any there's always tuna...

If you can't afford it, then what choice do you have? Powder's better then nothing...

One question...Is it true that Drinking and Driving is Legal there?
    I live in Barbados..no BJs Walmarts Sam's Clubs or real Bulk places here

NO.. drinking and driving isn't legal here (tho i don't anyone here is ever prosecuted for it..and people do leave my bar drunk ..and drive home..wtf maybe it IS legal )

Tuna has been my dietary mainstay since i started bodybuilding..but i had some adverse digestive reactions to um..7years of tuna everday so i'm trying to get around eating tuna...It IS the cheapest thing here tho.Meat costs and arm and a leg.

Thanks SC...was hoping for a reply like that

Thanks All

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    If it works, it works. If it dont, it dont. You'll have to experiment with that for yourself.
    Personally, i like eating more solid meals. 7 meals a day- 5 solid,2 shakes.
    I find my body as of the last two years competing has 'changed'..things that worked earlier don't work anymore..hence i'm relearning what does and doesn't work.Advice from bros like Swole and yourself is appreciated (as is all other advice and personal experiences from all other members)
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 12-29-2004 at 03:16 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I find my body as of the last two years competing has 'changed'..things that worked earlier don't work anymore..hence i'm relearning what does and doesn't work.Advice from bros like Swole and yourself is appreciated (as is all other advice and personal experiences)

Narkissos I've used half my meals as shakes and sometimes even 4 shakes and 3 solid meals a day and I've grown fine. I don't see a problem with it unless your body reacts in an undesireable way to it (not growing anymore)

THanks LMO

Thread Information