6_pak is offline Associate Member

When To Have Pwo????

I work out m-f, and on either sat or sun, i will come in to do abs and calves. Is the regular pwo required on the weekend? I figured that although my muscle glycogen stores arent as depleted compared to during the week, they still get depleted from calves and abs, thus, requiring pwo. But i only do a 1:1 ratio of pro/dex. Any opinions/suggestions?????

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd throw the abs w/something during the week, and calves on another day that week w/something else. No sense in doing such small parts by themselves.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd throw the abs w/something during the week, and calves on another day that week w/something else. No sense in doing such small parts by themselves.

~SC~
    I do that as well. I train abs and calves twice a week.
    My question's still the same?????????

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Considering those muscles are more oxidative muscle fiber types than larger more powerful glycolytic muscles. Thus, the oxidative muscles themselves will have less glycogen stored than larger glycolytic muscles so they should need less replenishment of glycogen stores. You could probably get away with less for your pwo shake, like half of each. But the idea of using a different ratio doesn't make sense to me. You should still a 1:2 ratio, just not as much of each, seeing as how these muscles wouldn't need as much protein either.

This is all JMO, so take it for what its worth. But like swole said i would throw those muscles in with other larger glycolytic muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Considering those muscles are more oxidative muscle fiber types than larger more powerful glycolytic muscles. Thus, the oxidative muscles themselves will have less glycogen stored than larger glycolytic muscles so they should need less replenishment of glycogen stores. You could probably get away with less for your pwo shake, like half of each. But the idea of using a different ratio doesn't make sense to me. You should still a 1:2 ratio, just not as much of each, seeing as how these muscles wouldn't need as much protein either.

This is all JMO, so take it for what its worth. But like swole said i would throw those muscles in with other larger glycolytic muscles.

Never looked at the possibility of cutting my protein too. That makes sense now that i think about it. I like doing calves and abs twice a week, as those are my lagging bodyparts. The best idea is to work them in during the week for optimal results. Thanx bro!!!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    No problem, once again this is not proven this is just my feeling on the subject based on my knowledge of anatomy and nutrition.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I def wouldnt cut the protien, i feel its essential regardless. I would however cut the carbs in half in your PWO.

Thread Information