Thread: Pasta topping

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member

Pasta topping

Trying to bulk up, what is a good pasta topping for a pro/carb meal?

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Skip the pasta.....

Make some grilled chicken over brown rice with some tomato sauce and fat free Mozz.

decadbal is offline Banned
    ditto, skip the pasta.. rice, potatoes things like that..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are bulking and want to use pasta, then use a low-fat sauce with your pasta and include a lean protein as well w/the meal.

It's what I do anyhow.

~SC~

xenithon is offline Member
    Take a tin of italian plum tomatoes, put in a pot with salt, pepper, oregano and a touch of sweetener (bring out the flavor of the tomatoes). Boil for 15 minutes then at the end throw in some fresh basil leaves. Delicious sauce with virtually no fat.

X

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member
    I know pasta is not the greatest, but I run out of ideas and get tired of the same ol thing, so I try to use it a little. I use brown pasta and just a little with a chicken breast or tuna. I even make a meat sauce using turkey instead of hamburg.

Who cares if you are bulking.

I don't that's for sure, as if your amounts are correct and you are using them PWO, you have very little (if anything) to worry about.

~SC~

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I might stay away from the pasta if your already eating heavy. Pasta bloats me like a mofo quick. From time to time I'll treat myself out to italian and get pasta though. I don't make it a habbit though. If you're doing it at home get to your local wharehouse costco/price club and get yourself some of the "Homestyle Pasta Sauce" they have. They only have 2 brands so it won't be hard to find.

diesel21 is offline Member
    pasta is the best, i use when cutting too, haha (just not when preparing for a shoot)

try rice pasta too, make sure its the white one

I went to Olive Garden today on my way back from Anaheim.

I had an apple martini, a lemon drop martini, fried calamari, salad, 4 breadsticks, fettuccine alfredo w/grilled chicken, and a huge piece of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake w/2 scoops of ice cream.

That was some good eatin'!!!!!!!!

~SC~

BDTR is offline Retired
    I eat a probably a pound of pasta a day. God i love the stuff. If you're bulking, like SC said, dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I went to Olive Garden today on my way back from Anaheim.

I had an apple martini, a lemon drop martini, fried calamari, salad, 4 breadsticks, fettuccine alfredo w/grilled chicken, and a huge piece of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake w/2 scoops of ice cream.

That was some good eatin'!!!!!!!!

~SC~
    Thats about a full day and a half of calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    Thats about a full day and a half of calories.
    Yeah, it was! To make it better, I had McDonald's w/my wife and son on our way out of Anaheim. Bacon/egg/cheese biscuit/hash browns, egg Mcmuffin/large coffee. Then at night when we got home, we said "f*ck it", and had Chinese! Chicken chow mein, orange chicken, egg rolls, and mongolian beef.

Two huge protein shakes thrown in between all this stuff. Man that was a fun day.

Today my cardio/diet down begins, so that was the last free for all day, hence me eating so much sh*t. I never get to eat like that in what I do, so it was a nice change of pace, and should make fat loss VERY easy. I didn't gain much fat at all though suprisingly!

~SC~

Yeah, it was! To make it better, I had McDonald's w/my wife and son on our way out of Anaheim. Bacon/egg/cheese biscuit/hash browns, egg Mcmuffin/large coffee. Then at night when we got home, we said "f*ck it", and had Chinese! Chicken chow mein, orange chicken, egg rolls, and mongolian beef.

Two huge protein shakes thrown in between all this stuff. Man that was a fun day.

Today my cardio/diet down begins, so that was the last free for all day, hence me eating so much sh*t. I never get to eat like that in what I do, so it was a nice change of pace, and should make fat loss VERY easy. I didn't gain much fat at all though suprisingly!

~SC~
    The highlight of my days lately is my tuna with mayo, and some peanut butter. LOL

God Im jealous!!!

IM DEDICATED THO!!

Yeah, once I say "diet time" I am totally dedicated too, and there is no junk/no errors/no slip-ups. It's great because when I begin to utilize my eggs/steak/veggies/flax oil/etc., my body changes ULTRA-QUICK.

~SC~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    swole your making me hungry for some OG all you can eat pasta (4 cheese sauce)!!! Hell your even making me hungry with your talk of eggs and flax. ugh i've been dieting too long!!!

dcb

U can't eat eggs/flax on your diet bro?

~SC~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    U can't eat eggs/flax on your diet bro?

~SC~
    oh i can. . .its just a question of the so called. . .money, or lack there of. so instead of flax and eggs its olive oil and tuna lol. but its all good, enough hot sauce can fix nething

dcb

Yeah, hot sauce is king!

~SC~

diesel21 is offline Member
    i thought i was the only fat mess on here!

Thread Information