paulastone is offline Member

just changed routine now i'm confused:(

ok i've been training forever in early AM and it was great. post workout i was eating around 100-120g carbs and 75g whey isolate. and i had all day long to feed my body. NOW i'm training at around 8-8:30pm till 10pm dont know how to incorperate my last meals?
    last night was the first night so i came back home and ate 40g carbs(liquide) with 16 egg whites and i dont think thats enough carbs ? help

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why would you change your pwo routine if the activity you perform that demands that you ingest it does not change???

~SC~

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Same question here but why the switch in training times? I personally think training in the morning when test levels are their highest have the best results. Not to mention you feed your body for the rest of the day. I use to train at night and now I train a half hour after breakfast before work and I'll never go back.

Trust me if i had it my way i would train AM time bro, but its just how life goes right now. Work, kids, ect... i can only train at 8pm right now and it sucks.
    Swole! i just find that eating 1 last meal being my PWO meal being enough? the food gets absorb so fast that in 45min-1hr i'm hungry. then if i eat 1 more meal at say 11pm is that cool? I was just used to that routine for so many years now that it sucks changing
    thx for the help all

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Of course it is not going to hurt you to have a meal at 11pm....there should be no real change as far as meals go..you have the knowledge right?

I would at least have a pro/fat meal around 11:30-12

If you make it a pro/carb..i would go light on the carbs being that time of night assuming you are going to bed soon after?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Of course it is not going to hurt you to have a meal at 11pm....there should be no real change as far as meals go..you have the knowledge right?

I would at least have a pro/fat meal around 11:30-12

If you make it a pro/carb..i would go light on the carbs being that time of night assuming you are going to bed soon after?

thx buddy. will add the 11pm meal(pro/fat) for sure!

I'd have the two pwo meals (carbs/pro) as you normally would, as a fat/protein meal after your first pwo of dextrose/whey is far from an intelligent idea. It does NOTHING to replinish the glycogen you still need to replinish, and you run the risk of your insulin still being elevated when you consume the fat in this meal.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd have the two pwo meals (carbs/pro) as you normally would, as a fat/protein meal after your first pwo of dextrose/whey is far from an intelligent idea. It does NOTHING to replinish the glycogen you still need to replinish, and you run the risk of your insulin still being elevated when you consume the fat in this meal.

~SC~
    I would never eat a pro/fat meal pwo thats stupid and i never said i ever did or was going too.
    I Totaly agree with you bro I understand how nutrition works and all. But my very last meal(11pm) would make sence to add just protein and fat no? I just want to slowest absorption or protein during the night. and want to stay away from the carbs before i hit the sack.
    Workout at 8pm till 9:30pm do cardio till 10pm while drinking a carb/pro vitamine shake. then at 11pm i'm eating eggs, cottage cheese with some olive oil. thx for all the help

My response about the fat/pro offering was regarding the other person's post, not your's.

Again, I don't see a reason to change the PWO protocol if the stimulus requires you ingest it for optimal recovery.

As well, cardio after working out is not a bright idea, and even worse, drinking a recovery shake while doing aerobic activity.

Gotta run, busy season in the world of customized fitness!

~SC~

My response about the fat/pro offering was regarding the other person's post, not your's.

Again, I don't see a reason to change the PWO protocol if the stimulus requires you ingest it for optimal recovery.

As well, cardio after working out is not a bright idea, and even worse, drinking a recovery shake while doing aerobic activity.

Gotta run, busy season in the world of customized fitness!

~SC~
    Ya i do cardio to keep the ticker healthy. no problem with doing cardio after training at all. It also helps with the lactic acid and my recovery(less sore)also its the only time i can squeeze it in my schedule so.. better to have some then none.
    Can you explain why drinking a recovery drink is bad durring aerobics?
    Hell i might just wake up at 3AM to make a shake lol I hate training at night

Quote Originally Posted by paulastone
    no problem with doing cardio after training at all.(
    Great, if you see no problems, then it must be correct because you've got all the answers already.

~SC~

Great, if you see no problems, then it must be correct because you've got all the answers already.

~SC~
    ok bud

Thread Information