Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

weight gain and protein powders explained

I came across this bit of info. and thought it may help stop a few of the same questions bin asked about the diferences between weight gain powder and protein. So here it is :

Question: What Is The Easiest Way To Gain Mass?

I was wondering if anyone knew which will help you gain mass the easiest: taking a weight gain powder, protein powder, or both of them? What is the major difference between the two and would taking both of them at the same time be going overboard? Would it just be wasteful to take both?

Answer #1

Eat everything you can, but small portions 6 to 8 times a day. Take a Creatine supplement (I recommend Cell Tech, Bio Cell, or Phosphagen HP). Take a whey protein supplement (I recommend Prolab or Designer Protein Products). The difference between weight gainers and protein powders: 1.Weight Gainers are generally high in carbs and calories 2. Protein powders are simply protein with little carbs, calories and fat.

The best weight gainer right now is probably Pro Labs N-Large. Ask any body builder. Eat 50-30-20 ratio (protein-carbos-fat). Take a tablespoon of cottage cheese before bed. Let me know how it's going for you.

Answer #2

You must remember that weight gain powders are just really liquid food. The main reason for weight gain powders is it's easier to drink food then eat, and a lot less time consuming too. Let's say you weigh 150lbs. To gain weight, start off by consuming 3000 calories a day. A daily intake of food per day for 3000 calories would be:
    Breakfast - 4 whole eggs, 3 strips of bacon, 1 cup of oatmeal, glass of OJ

Lunch - 6oz of chicken breast, 1 baked potato, small salad

Post workout - weight gain shake, 2 scoops of Champion Nutrition Heavyweight Gainer 900, 16oz of 1% milk

Dinner - 6oz of steak, 1 baked potato, vegetables

This all works out to around 3000 calories a day. Now you can see how weight gain shakes fit in. That weight gain shake with milk has about 1100 calories, it's easier to drink 1100 calories than eat it right! Try this diet for one week. If you don't see a 1 pound increase, up the calories by 300 to 500. For example, add an extra potato or chicken breast to one of these meals. If you don't gain one pound in a week, up it again until you keep gaining one pound a week. That's 4 pounds a month, 48 pounds a year. In one year, you could go from 150lbs to 198lbs. That's an awesome gain in weight. It just takes dedication and a commitment to eat all your food each day. I would also add in 1 multivitamin per day to cover any missed nutrients in your food.

Now for training, do it 3 days a week. For small body parts, do 4-6 sets max. For large body parts, 6-9 max. Do reps of 6-10. Keep your workout under 1 hour, rest 2 minutes between sets. Do cardio 2 days a week max. For me, I'm a martial artist and my classes are my cardio, that's it.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    So, just so that I'm clear, these are instructions on becoming a fat slob?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    hey fatman if you got nothing constructive to add than dont bother man

My constructive addition to this thread is my opinion that the above plans will add mass - lots of fat mass. If you ant to gain 48 pounds of fat in a year, then mission accomplished. If you want to gain lean mass, this plan is pretty far off track.

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    I came across this bit of info. and thought it may help stop a few of the same questions bin asked about the diferences between weight gain powder and protein. So here it is :

Question: What Is The Easiest Way To Gain Mass?

I was wondering if anyone knew which will help you gain mass the easiest: taking a weight gain powder, protein powder, or both of them? What is the major difference between the two and would taking both of them at the same time be going overboard? Would it just be wasteful to take both?

Answer #1

Eat everything you can, but small portions 6 to 8 times a day. Take a Creatine supplement (I recommend Cell Tech, Bio Cell, or Phosphagen HP). Take a whey protein supplement (I recommend Prolab or Designer Protein Products). The difference between weight gainers and protein powders: 1.Weight Gainers are generally high in carbs and calories 2. Protein powders are simply protein with little carbs, calories and fat.

The best weight gainer right now is probably Pro Labs N-Large. Ask any body builder. Eat 50-30-20 ratio (protein-carbos-fat). Take a tablespoon of cottage cheese before bed. Let me know how it's going for you.

Answer #2

You must remember that weight gain powders are just really liquid food. The main reason for weight gain powders is it's easier to drink food then eat, and a lot less time consuming too. Let's say you weigh 150lbs. To gain weight, start off by consuming 3000 calories a day. A daily intake of food per day for 3000 calories would be:
    Breakfast - 4 whole eggs, 3 strips of bacon, 1 cup of oatmeal, glass of OJ

Lunch - 6oz of chicken breast, 1 baked potato, small salad

Post workout - weight gain shake, 2 scoops of Champion Nutrition Heavyweight Gainer 900, 16oz of 1% milk

Dinner - 6oz of steak, 1 baked potato, vegetables

This all works out to around 3000 calories a day. Now you can see how weight gain shakes fit in. That weight gain shake with milk has about 1100 calories, it's easier to drink 1100 calories than eat it right! Try this diet for one week. If you don't see a 1 pound increase, up the calories by 300 to 500. For example, add an extra potato or chicken breast to one of these meals. If you don't gain one pound in a week, up it again until you keep gaining one pound a week. That's 4 pounds a month, 48 pounds a year. In one year, you could go from 150lbs to 198lbs. That's an awesome gain in weight. It just takes dedication and a commitment to eat all your food each day. I would also add in 1 multivitamin per day to cover any missed nutrients in your food.

Now for training, do it 3 days a week. For small body parts, do 4-6 sets max. For large body parts, 6-9 max. Do reps of 6-10. Keep your workout under 1 hour, rest 2 minutes between sets. Do cardio 2 days a week max. For me, I'm a martial artist and my classes are my cardio, that's it.
    its good that u want 2 help people with their diet and training but research 1st and then post

Dude, don't even get me started. I think you should do some research before you copy some crap onto this board.

"Eat everything you can, but small portions 6 to 8 times a day." I think that's an oxymoron.

"The best weight gainer right now is probably Pro Labs N-Large. Ask any body builder." Bah ha ha ha ha.

Look how you're mixing your macros. Unless you have some really high test levels, most of your mass gain is going to be fat.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    hey fatman if you got nothing constructive to add than dont bother man
    I don't appreciate you calling bad man "fat man", as you only serve to further discredit yourself when you flame as you have done. (Not that you have any outstanding credit to begin with, but you get my drift)

As well, what you posted is totally assinine and worthless. I speak from the point of view of a professional sports nutritionist who has been in business for over 4 years and is VERY successful. It's a plug for selling supplements, nothing more. It's a joke...................

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but you didn't write it anyway, it's a copy/paste job, so it shouldn't be that demeaning. It's great that you attempted to help here, but not only is the material sh*tty, your attitude is the sh*ttiest of all.

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Talking

[QUOTE=bad_man]
    "The best weight gainer right now is probably Pro Labs N-Large. Ask any body builder." Bah ha ha ha ha.
    QUOTE]

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I know, that is truly hilarious!

~SC~

Thread Information