ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member

Is this diet ok?

II want to lose some weight for a month or two. I have been injured for about two months but didn't slow my eating down so now I really just want to clean up a bit. Also I am not a body builder, I am a grappler so please keep that in mind. I am not following a specific diet just trying to eat clean, often and smaller portions.

Here is how the first couple days went.

10:30am-Oatmeal - with protein powder and raisins or banana
    12:30pm-3/4 can tuna with olive oil and 1 slice whole wheat bread
    2:30pm -3/4 can tuna with olive oil and 1 slice whole wheat bread
    4:30pm -1/2 can tuna with olive oil and 1 slice whole wheat bread
    6:30pm - Turkey on whole wheat lettuce/tomato/vinegar and unsalted cashews
    9:30pm -small grilled chicken breast and flax seed oil

Is this good, bad, ugly?

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    #1 cut out the raisins and banana. Add some egg whites make sure the oatmeal is the slow cook kind.
    #2 meal- Entire can of tuna, with regualr mayo, cut out the bread
    same for #3 and #4

6:30 meal- UGLY..... How about turkey, grilled chick, or fish with veges and 1/2 cup of brown rice.

9:30- Shake with flax.

I do brazilian jiujitsu and MMA too.

When do you workout?? Cardio Wieghts?

1. I eat the banana because I get cramps while grappling alot. Should I get rid of the banana completly or just a different time of day? Oatmeal is microwave kind, I though as long as it was not flavored it was ok.

2. Mayo better then olive oil? I would be very happy about that.

Between the oatmeal and brown rice is that enough carbs for intense workout days?

I workout usually at about 6:30 but like I said I've been injured for a while so havn't been training much. I started running this week and I feel ok so I will try and train tonight. Where do you train?

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeTudoFighter
    1. I eat the banana because I get cramps while grappling alot. Should I get rid of the banana completly or just a different time of day? Oatmeal is microwave kind, I though as long as it was not flavored it was ok.

2. Mayo better then olive oil? I would be very happy about that.

Between the oatmeal and brown rice is that enough carbs for intense workout days?

I workout usually at about 6:30 but like I said I've been injured for a while so havn't been training much. I started running this week and I feel ok so I will try and train tonight. Where do you train?
    If you are taking the banana for cramps, I woud cut it out and try 500mg of taurine a day. That should get rid of the shin splints and bottom of the foot cramps (it did for me).

All oatmeal is not the same, instant, or processed oatmeal is like pouring sugar down your throat. Get the Old fashioned Quaker Oats, it takes 3 min to make them in the micro and they break down much slower.

As far as your fats go, you want to take in fat, I mix mine up, I have been eating mayo with my tuna, regular mayo, not that fat free dog****, mayo Olive oil, flax, fish oil, whatever you want to use for fat is up to you.

You want to eat a Pro/fat meal after you run in the AM and also after your workout add a 1 to 2 protein to dextrose shake immediately after. I would eat my meal with carbs an hour after you have the pwo shake.

I train at alex wilkie's academy here in NJ, I used to go to gracie in NY but I have been hitting the gym and wiegts more and the grappeling less.

Good luck.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I would start by reading the cutting stickie.

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    If you are taking the banana for cramps, I woud cut it out and try 500mg of taurine a day. That should get rid of the shin splints and bottom of the foot cramps (it did for me).
    That is exactly the problem I have, I will give the taurine a try.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I would start by reading the cutting stickie.
    Thanks for the heads up, I have checked that out. I thought it was more of a body builders diet, I am trying to lose the BF that I put on recently but also want to keep my endurance up also.

Thanks guys.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    A Body builders diet it is but that also means it is a sound approach for fat loss and having lean muscle. The only thing you will have to watch out for is overworking your body by doing BJJ and weight training.

I would take some Glutamine before BJJ class as your HR will be high and can lead to muscle loss.

Thread Information