Carguy is offline Junior Member

Swole and other diet gurus.....

Im just trying to fine tune my diet now. I wanted to know your opinion about cutting out the AM Oatmeal (carbs) and adding some flax or olive oil to make another pro/fat meal to help with the cutting. Will this have any negetive effect on my diet? Is it something (the pro/carb meal) I should leave in?

I've lost about 9 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks on the diet, and I am stonger at the gym and look way better already. I just want to make sure I have everything correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

My present wieght is 225, I'm 5'10'' and about 17-18% BF.

This is my diet below.

Am cardio

1/2 hour after cardio- 6 egg white omlette, 1/2 cup oatmeal w
    splenda , protein shake (30gm protein 1 scoop)

Late morning Shake (60gm protein 2 scoop) with 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter or 2 tablespoons of flax seed oil

Lunch 1 LG Chicken breast, Salad (spinich leaves or iceburg) with
    2 egg whites (hard boiled) 3 Tbsp of Olive oil and balsamic dressing, almond
    slivers.

afternoon- Lg can of tuna mixed with 2 Tbsp of regular mayo

Late Afternoon-Shake with flax seed oil (50gm of protein)

Weight Training

Less then a 1/2 hour after training- Shake (50gm protein, 100 g dextrose)

1 hour after PWO/ late meal- 1 LG chicken Breast, 1 yam or 1/2 cup of brown rice

1/2 hr before bed- Shake w/ flax.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    a few things to change- subsistute mustard for the mayo in your tuna= no fat. use romaine lettuce for your salad=more nutrional value. other than that it looks pretty good. Good luck.

-SHRED

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    a few things to change- subsistute mustard for the mayo in your tuna= no fat. use romaine lettuce for your salad=more nutrional value. other than that it looks pretty good. Good luck.

-SHRED
    Thanks for your response.

Wouldnt taking the mayo out of the tuna change them meal from a Pro/Fat meal? I thought you needed some fat with every meal you dont have carbs with.

What do you think about removing the oatmeal>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    See the cutting sticky atop the page for a general guideline to be utilized.

As well, nothing wrong with real mayo, you should leave it in as you NEED fat in a fat protein offering. Mustard does nothing to address this.

~SC~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    Thanks for your response.

Wouldnt taking the mayo out of the tuna change them meal from a Pro/Fat meal? I thought you needed some fat with every meal you dont have carbs with.

What do you think about removing the oatmeal>
    removing the oats is fine, just keep the fat in the meal. Real mayo is fine, just as Swole stated above and lettuce is lettuce. It really doesnt matter since lettuce is mainly water anyways.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I'm far from an expert but I would definately add more fibrous veggies in there. I'd also nix the morning oats if you don't see good BF reduction. Last time I cut I prefered not having any carbs until PWO.

Much appreciated guys!!!

Swole, I tried that ON protein powder and it rocks!! Thanks for the tip. I'll be ordering a 10lb bag from you as soon as the 2lb jar is done.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I would keep the baby spinach thats good stuff.......what flavor ON did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    I would keep the baby spinach thats good stuff.......what flavor ON did you get?
    Chocolate, its so much easier to mix too, the other stuff I was getting my cardio every time I put it in my shaker.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    hahaha

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    Much appreciated guys!!!

Swole, I tried that ON protein powder and it rocks!! Thanks for the tip. I'll be ordering a 10lb bag from you as soon as the 2lb jar is done.

Good deal, thank you for your support.

~SC~

Thread Information