Duma is offline Associate Member

late night carb cravings

I'm trying to stay away from carbs late in the evening. However, when I lie in bed I get this weird squirmy feeling....its not like your typical toss + turn...my brains ready to crash but my body isn't....I find myself getting up to bring a box of cheerios to bed with me.....after I have some carbs in me I'm almost always able to fall asleep....does anyone have any suggestions, similar experiences, or comments on this? i'd really like to cut out the carbs latenight....gracias--Duma

jgg1221 is offline Member
    try taking cafine free dexatrim... it makes you feel fuller and supresses the appetite... i have the same problem a lot and dexatrim has prevented me from getting those late night food cravings. (i actually sleep walk and make myself breakfast all while im sleeping, and then i wake up when im done eating!! lolol )

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Drink more water, and especially a few glasses before bed. Dehydration can send false senses of hunger.

~SC~

the caffeine parts not gonna fly before bed dude...swolecat ive been pounding water but ill pound more per your advice. maybe a salad would do it...i need something coating my stomach i think

Try sugar free popsicles, they work for me. Gives you the sweet taste (carbs) w/out all the carbs, and it gives you the "crunching" sensation. Often times that is enough to get you over that hump.

~SC~

your brilliance is prodigious

Gracias!

I also utilize the whipped cream in a can. You know the kind that high school kids use to get high off of sucking out the gas that's in the can, . A few squirts of that in the mouth usually cures the carb cravings, it's very sweet, and suprisingly has like ONE gram of carbs per serving.

It works!

~SC~

thats not like pure fat?

PS- we know you have a "wippit" habit

Suprisingly it has very little fat as well.

Even if it had a lot, fat is better than carbs during the late night cravings.

~SC~

dutchman718 is offline Junior Member
    I usually have a tbsp. of peanut butter to fill my lat night cravings. Keeps me satisfied until AM. What are you views on PB?

Thread Information