diet idea for retaining mass

Ok, I'm currently 4 1/2 weeks into my diet and almost everything is going pretty tight. I was 243 lbs and I'm currently 227 lbs, so I'm not losing too fast nor fast enough, however my chest is seriously losing strength and a little size as well. I mean, I was benching 340/10 during my bulk phase but last Monday it was a bitch just to do 315 for 4 reps!!!! So I've come up with a theory, and I'd like to know what you guys think. My plan is to do legs the day after my cheat day ,which I've been doing and its been working great for staying strong, however come chest day I'm sucking. I'd like to do my cheat day on Friday(no training) Saturday legs, sunday diet(just cardio and abs) but I'd like to carb up on rice and yams Sunday so I'll have a little more punch in my chest workout come Monday. Would it be aright to carb up on a day before my chest training, is my theory on the right track for helping me retain more muscle???

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd say no since you already had a cheat day. Place chest after the cheat day instead of legs, and move legs elsewhere since you have no issues w/legs. Having another cheat/carb up day will only hinder the cutting process.

~SC~

yeah, now that I think about it your right. Would you still train chest Monday at all(I mean just this Mon. until i get my routine down after next Sat) or wait until Sat. after my cheat day? If I wait until Sat that will be 12 days since my last chest day, maybe train it light tomorrow then pound the **** outta it Sat?

Thread Information