frogg is offline Associate Member

high metabolism,extremly fustrated

ok here it goes. i work out hard and eat well and i dont seem to be gaining weight. i was a very skinny kid growing up and still have a very lean body with very broard stature. i can sneeze and i will lose weight.but it is very hard for me to gain. i was told that a person with my metabolism should eat anything. is this true? currently i am eating egg whites,chicken tuna etc. Also funny my bw fluctuates about 6lbs either way all day which is also depressing because one moment i am 190 then the next i am 184. my current bw is 190lbs. 5'10".

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The weight fluctuation is water.

Post your diet for days you train/days you don't train if you wish to have the members here give a critique. It's possible for EVERYONE to gain, it just takes proper planning and consistency.

~SC~

frogg is offline Associate Member
    i try to train everyday. my diet consist

breakfast

oatmeal,4egg whites, toast milk etc.
    9am. more egg whites,soup.
    lunch chicken breast,veggies, roast beef etc.
    3pm boars head chicken sandwhich.
    6pm chicken, potatoes,

8pm egg whites.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are training everyday, then you are over-training and it's no wonder why you can't add weight or grow.

You listed the foods there, but unless you have the proper amounts for growth, your post-workout meals having key components, etc., then your efforts are going to come up short. I'd refer to the sticky posts atop the page and perform some searches.

~SC~

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah bro, AMOUNTS of foods are extremely important... if youre eating 1/4 cup of oatmeal with breakfast than thats not nearly enough. If you cant gain weight EAT MORE.

Do squats, deadlift, bench, and military at the start of your workout, HEAVY, for 5-6 sets and then on to lighter movements. Thats what works for me at least. Oh yeah, eat more.

Thread Information