Aggression is offline Member

OK to have soda with cheat meal?

I have 3 questions:

1) Is it ok to eat anything on a cheat meal? Like pizza, burgers, tacos, ice cream, etc.

2) Should you limit how much you eat on a cheat meal or just eat until you're full?

3) Is it ok to drink soda or iced tea with my cheat meal or should I just stick to water?

I currently cheat 1 meal, 1 day a week (saturdays). And I am trying to cut some bodyfat.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Cheat meal = consume anything you so desire, hence the term "cheat meal".

Tear it up....pizza....burgers....who gives a ****? Its only one meal/day a week so do what you please.

Although if i do not drink regular soda, i drink diet but thats up to you.

xxxplosive is offline New Member

iknow this sounds weird . . .

this sounds funny, but is diet soda good to drink if your on a diet and tryin to burn body fat, im jus sayin this cause it contains sodium and all that weird stuff

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    My cheat days are all out orgasmic. I probably eat way too much on my cutting cheat days but nothing is off limits. I am not a "regular" soda fan so I dont consume that but pizza, ice cream, italian, cookies, anything is fair game for me usually. I think next time I cut I will try to limit the trash food and see if it makes any difference, but I didnt notice any hinderance to be honest as a result.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    The co2 in pop blocks protein absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Never heard this do you have a study showing this? Not saying you are wrong just never heard anyone mention this.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Off topic: who the hell is that in your avatar? Man...I feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Off topic: who the hell is that in your avatar? Man...I feel bad for him.

It actually is a pic of Vette956. He's a mod so dont let him know what you really think of his picture. His mother was so proud of his senior pictures!!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Never heard this do you have a study showing this? Not saying you are wrong just never heard anyone mention this.
    bump

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxplosive
    this sounds funny, but is diet soda good to drink if your on a diet and tryin to burn body fat, im jus sayin this cause it contains sodium and all that weird stuff

What part of "cheat meal" do you not grasp?

Do you think scarfing down a whole pizza is good for you? Burgers and fries?Hell no but its a cheal meal so cheat like a mother****er.

I do not go near any kind of diet soda during the week and sometimes never drink it in my cheat meal....whatever i feel like, i eat whatever. But if you are simply asking is diet soda good for a cutting diet, why hell no.....water is all you need.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxplosive
    There are tons of low/sodium free diet sodas.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    Hey Swole I really need your help with my questions. I started using one cheat meal a week so I wanna do it right. Any help would be appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO ADJUST WHAT YOU DO GOING BY WHAT THE RESULTS YOU ARE GETTING ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    I have 3 questions:

1) Is it ok to eat anything on a cheat meal? Like pizza, burgers, tacos, ice cream, etc.

YES, IN MY OPINION IT IS. ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ONLY A MEAL, AND NOT AN ENTIRE CHEAT DAY.

2) Should you limit how much you eat on a cheat meal or just eat until you're full?

EAT UNTIL YOU ARE FULL. IF YOU ARE HANDLING YOUR BIZ THE OTHER 6 DAYS OF THE WEEK IN AN IMPECCABLE NATURE, THEN YOU HAVE NADA TO WORRY ABOUT, AND THE CHEAT MEAL IS WORKING IN YOUR FAVOR IF ANYTHING.

3) Is it ok to drink soda or iced tea with my cheat meal or should I just stick to water?

MY PREFERENCE IS DIET SODA NO MATTER WHAT. I JUST CAN'T SEE WASTING KCALS ON PURE SUGAR WHEN I COULD HAVE GREAT TASTING CHEAT FOOD, EVEN IF IT'S FOOD W/SUGAR. I OFTEN TIMES HAVE $15 WORTH OF JACK N THE BOX, BUT HAVE A DIET SODA W/ALL THAT SH*T, JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE DRINKING REGULAR SODA. AS WELL, I HAVE GROWN ACCUSTOMED TO THE TASTE OF DIET SODA.

I currently cheat 1 meal, 1 day a week (saturdays). And I am trying to cut some bodyfat.
    KEEP DOING THIS AND RE-EVALUATE NOT ONLY THE CHEAT DAY, BUT YOUR ENTIRE DIET, IF PROGRESS/RESULTS SLOW DOWN. MOST LIKELY IT WON'T BE THE CHEAT DAY THAT IS HINDERING YOU, BUT THOSE OTHER 6 DAYS OF THE WEEK.

~SC~

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS. KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO ADJUST WHAT YOU DO GOING BY WHAT THE RESULTS YOU ARE GETTING ARE.

KEEP DOING THIS AND RE-EVALUATE NOT ONLY THE CHEAT DAY, BUT YOUR ENTIRE DIET, IF PROGRESS/RESULTS SLOW DOWN. MOST LIKELY IT WON'T BE THE CHEAT DAY THAT IS HINDERING YOU, BUT THOSE OTHER 6 DAYS OF THE WEEK.

~SC~
    on your cheat meals..do u worry about getting protein, like if u were to eat a whole pizza..would you go with a protein drink too

smegs is offline Member
    hell no, just ****ing eat like a whore

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Why limit cheat days to pizza and burgers. What about prime rib, fetichini alfredo, ribbs w/bbq sauce.....I mean something good.

sammycasper is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    Why limit cheat days to pizza and burgers. What about prime rib, fetichini alfredo, ribbs w/bbq sauce.....I mean something good.
    Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!!!! The prime rib with a huge baked potato with everything you can think of on it

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by sammycasper
    Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!!!! The prime rib with a huge baked potato with everything you can think of on it
    fukkin right... and steak fries

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    fukkin right... and steak fries
    with cheese, bacon, and ranch on those f*ckers!! Now thats an orgasmic cheat meal!!

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    my cheat days r ridiculous! i only have about 1-2 cheat meals every 2 weeks or so and its sick!! LOL... i love them but i dont feel well after those days! everything from pizza to endless bowls of pasta.

diesel21 is offline Member
    thats why its called a cheat meal.......................

see what you can handle

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    you said pop. i haven't heard anyone say that in a while. i'm from michigan and everyone down here in florida says soda. they've almost got me converted from pop to soda. i still slip once in a while and say pop.

Quote Originally Posted by spkmania
    you said pop. i haven't heard anyone say that in a while. i'm from michigan and everyone down here in florida says soda. they've almost got me converted from pop to soda. i still slip once in a while and say pop.
    I hate leaving the midwest and being riddiculed for saying pop. I think immediatley everyone is like "What a redneck hick"

Thread Information