alexmfc is offline Junior Member

Post workout Mystery??

What's up everyone, a couple of freinds and i were discussing something that is still not clear. one said that for a post workout meal, it ok to have a cheat meal because your muscles will absorb everything anyway. So is that true, after a workout, is it ok for example to have a chicken sandwich and some fries?? Need some feedback guys, thanks.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Your post-workout meal(s) should be used to maximize the anabloic state that your body is in. This is done initially by taking a fast acting carb (i.e. dextrose) with a fast acting protein (i.e. whey isolate). You then eat a pro/carb meal to continue to replenish glycogen stores in your muscles and begin the repairing process.

Now, if you eat the chicken sandwich as your post workout meal (PPWO), the fat that is in it (I am assume we're talking about a fast food type chicken sandwich) will be converted to body fat due to the insulin spike that your shake provided. That is why you do not want to eat it then. If you eat it instead of your shake, you will not be getting the insulin spike to shuttle the protein and carbs into your muscles to begin the recovery process right away. This is why you wouldn't want to eat it then.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmfc
    What's up everyone, a couple of freinds and i were discussing something that is still not clear. one said that for a post workout meal, it ok to have a cheat meal because your muscles will absorb everything anyway. So is that true, after a workout, is it ok for example to have a chicken sandwich and some fries?? Need some feedback guys, thanks.
    That friend of your's is not educated in the least bit on adequte pwo recovery protocols.

~SC~

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Nutrition is one of the most misunderstood parts of body building. Clearly your friends don't have a clue. However, you have found AR (and you are on the right track!). Check out the diet forum. Excellent info there for starters. Nutrition is simply too important.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Not ok. Have a PWO shake...

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    Your post-workout meal(s) should be used to maximize the anabloic state that your body is in. This is done initially by taking a fast acting carb (i.e. dextrose) with a fast acting protein (i.e. whey isolate). You then eat a pro/carb meal to continue to replenish glycogen stores in your muscles and begin the repairing process.

Now, if you eat the chicken sandwich as your post workout meal (PPWO), the fat that is in it (I am assume we're talking about a fast food type chicken sandwich) will be converted to body fat due to the insulin spike that your shake provided. That is why you do not want to eat it then. If you eat it instead of your shake, you will not be getting the insulin spike to shuttle the protein and carbs into your muscles to begin the recovery process right away. This is why you wouldn't want to eat it then.
    So what you're telling me is after you spike your insulin levels with your PWO shake, your PPWO meal should consist of only protein and not carbs because your already spiked your insulin so any carbs ingested after the PWO shake will just turn into fat? You're supposed to get High GI carbs in your PPOW meal which in effect also spike insulin levels. I dont quiet understand what you're saying.... im confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot

Now, if you eat the chicken sandwich as your post workout meal (PPWO), the fat that is in it (I am assume we're talking about a fast food type chicken sandwich) will be converted to body fat due to the insulin spike that your shake provided .
    Nevermind, now i got it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That friend of your's is not educated in the least bit on adequte pwo recovery protocols.

~SC~
    Unless you have something nice to say, just dont say it at all man. I'd appreciate it, thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Unless you have something nice to say, just dont say it at all man. I'd appreciate it, thanks
    BWAHAHAH!!!!!!!

What the f*ck?

What I said wasn't demeaning in the least bit, it was the TRUTH!!

If the truth hurts, tough sh*t!

So, "appreciate that!"

If anything, instead of addressing me, address your friend and say,

"If you don't have anything INTELLIGENT to say that showcases that you know WTF you are talking about, just don't say it at all man."

That's what you need to be doing, not telling ME what to do.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-11-2005 at 12:22 PM.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member

Talking

lolololololol

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yea bro, you should be getting pissed at your friend for trying to make you fat instead of getting pissed at Swole for telling it like it is. Not his fault your friend isn't educated in nutrition.

Thread Information