RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

Want To Get CUT & BIG At The Same Time?

Ain't happening. I see more and more threads of people wanting to do cycles stating they want to lose fat while bulking. I'll break it down...

To lose weight, you have to lower your calories.

To gain weight, you have to raise your calories.

To do both is next to impossible. There are the exceptions but it's moreso genetics rather then your training and diet, which 99% of us fall at the shorter end of.

Before you start cycling, have your goal in mind and stick to the plan. Either BULK or CUT, to do both is an oxymoron.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    excellent post bro... i get so frustrated when explaining this to people and they dont accept it because its not what they want to hear.

"But the guy at GNC said..."

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    GNC is full of Teenage punks.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Anyone can work at GNC, employees don't need to know anything. They just sit there and feed you wrong info to get more commission on certain products.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Getting completely shredded while gaining lean mass ain't gona happen..... BUT you can gain lean mass and lose body fat while doing it. It is possible with the right lean mass diet. Sometimes the key to losing a little pudge is to gain a bit more lean muscle mass and in time the pudge will go away without even trying to lose it just because of the simple fact that muscle burns fat, and the more you have the more fat you burn. But don't expect to go into a complete bulking phase and lose fat. that is DEFINITELY not going to happen

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    i am currently lowering my bf and gaining muscle too
    Last edited by CrystalMethodX; 01-12-2005 at 05:59 PM.

sicbello is offline New Member
    im doing that right now trying to cut up and still lift weights its hard to both trust me i been there im still heavy and im still loosing weight after researching on here about diets i been seeing slow results but its working . dont stress out to bulk and cut up at the same time. you should do one or the other. good luck

diesel21 is offline Member
    i agree, either gain or cut........ (although when u do rip down u look bigger)

IronAdam is offline Member
    With the proper diet you can lose fat and gain muscle mass at the same time. Simply lowering your calories isn't the proper way to do that. It involves manipulating what macronutrients you consume and at what time of the day, combined with a sensible cardio schedule.

Lee Haney advocated just that. The man never went more than a day without some form of cardio. He kept <9% bodyfat year round...and he's got a wall full of Sandows.

It can be done, especially while on steroids .
    Last edited by IronAdam; 01-13-2005 at 12:21 AM. Reason: sp

Thread Information