ShadyMilkman is offline New Member

Just can't get enough....CALORIES

Okay, so I'm 5'11", 173 lbs, between 16-18% body fat, been lifting for about 2.5 years. I'm looking to bulk up and put on about 15lbs. I've been paying close attention to my diet and have gotten to the point where I can get almost 1.5 grams of protein per lb bw, an equal number of carbs, and roughly 60g of fat as I'm trying to stay lean during the bulking period. The problem is that I can't seem to get enough calories in my diet and I'm not sure what to do. I just can't eat enough in a day and I've never been a big eater, so getting as many calories as this is a lot for me. Here's a sample of a non-wo day:

1 scoop whey protein
    2 Eggs w/ Non-fatCheese
    Total Cereal (1cup) w/1 cup of skim milk
    10 Egg Whites w/1 cup skim milk
    5 slices lean turkey
    Protein Bar
    1/4lb lean beef
    Beef Jerky
    Rice Cake w/1tbsp natural peanut butter
    flax seed oil
    1 scoop whey protein

I get about 2500 cals, 60-70g fat, 175g carbs and 225g protein from this diet. Sometimes I have trouble eating it all so I don't always get the right amounts, or I might switch the beef for some chicken breast. The only difference between this diet and a wo day is that I have my protein before and PWO, with dextrose in the PWO. What its the best to thing to eat that will get me a bunch of good calories? Should someone like me buy a weight gainer product? What about MRPs?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    your eating rice cakes and PB for a meal and you wonder why your not putting on weight. . this makes no sence. I also see you have a protein bar in there. Your entire approach needs to be redone IMO. have a look at the bulking sticky Your asking for help but we havnt a clue when you eat these food

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Agreed, that diet is sh*tty.

My son eats more than that per day, and he's 5.

~SC~

Loomis is offline New Member
    Dude, switch from fat-free to regular cheese. Skim milk to whole. One rice cake to about 10. 10 egg whites to 10 eggs. Then tell us if you're not getting enough cals. WHat I told you would add like 1000 cals right there, w/out doing anything else.

randumb is offline Junior Member
    Loomis: He did mention he was trying to keep fat low in order to gain lean mass. How exactly would your method support that?
    Last edited by randumb; 01-12-2005 at 05:48 PM.

durden is offline New Member
    Agreed, that diet is sh*tty.

My son eats more than that per day, and he's 5.

~SC~

LMFAO!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by randumb
    Loomis: He did mention he was trying to keep fat low in order to gain lean mass. How exactly would your method support that?
    Does it matter being that there is NO guarantee that he would NOT gain lean mass by following the advice given?

No, it doesn't. We don't know what would happen. What we do know is that no lean mass is being obtained on the gergel dietary approach that is currently being employed.

~SC~

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    If your body burns fat quickly, then you can add weight gainer shakes to your diet since eating seems to be a problem for you. But since you only eat 2500 calories a day, that is nothing. That is what the average person should eat. Trying to gain any sort of weight on that is not gonna happen.

Stop being a wimp about eating. Cant get big without eating. Complaining to us wont make you get big either.

ONaMission is offline Junior Member
    From one noob to another, I think god himself wrote those stickies and used Rambo as his messenger. Read them, over and over and over again.

Thread Information