rymasm is offline New Member

Raw egg whites vs. pasturized 100% egg whites

Alright, i've done a search on salmonella because i've been making a weight gain shake that includes raw eggs, but after reading all the threads about salmonella i will not eat them raw again.

Some of the posts say that your body will only absorb 50% of the protien in raw eggs anyways. Is this true with the pasturized raw egg whites?
    Last edited by rymasm; 01-13-2005 at 09:37 AM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Im curious too. Ive been considering the egg powder, egg whey suppliment but it is expensive. I just keep to my 3 raw eggs per shake routine. Body gets used to it. If I lay off of the eggs for a week or two and then go back to them, my body does get the ****s on the first day. Its a quick 200 calories per shake so I dont mind.

smegs is offline Member
    pasteurized egg whites are fine to drink and yes they come in cartons

rymasm is offline New Member
    bump...edited my question is about the abosorbtion percentage of raw eggs whites and pasturized raw egg whites.

dprayvd is offline Junior Member
    The raw albumin (undenatured) protein molecule is encaplulated by a "glycocalyx." Essentially a shell. This inhibits the body's chemical means to break-down the protein into it's amino components for use (bioavailability). Cooking renders this glycocalyx and then denatures the protein. To my limited knowledge, most-if not all-animal-based proteins at least need to be denatured to improve bioavailabiy.

Thread Information