se11 is offline Associate Member

Do you eat the same thing everyday?

Do you guys eat the same thing every single day? I just can't do it. I have to switch some of my meals up. I try to get the same amount of nutrients in with all the meals, but I just can't have the same stuff every day.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    it varies...my protein shake and bars are every day, thought my reg meals change.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Pretty much, have you ever walked into a body builders grocery store?

There are only 4 shelves....

I just switch it up a bit, i normally have chicken for lunch but tommorow i am having a steak instead.

Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    it varies...my protein shake and bars are every day, thought my reg meals change.

You do know that most if not all protein bars are absolutley terrible for you and have way to many hidden ingredients. Just a thought, it has been discussed to death here, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

If thats all i could get my hands on, i guess i would risk it.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Last time i cut, all i ate for 3 months was:

Chicken Breast, Natty PB, Brown rice, sweet potatoes, tuna, whey, dextrose, veggies. that's all....

Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435

Chicken Breast, Natty PB, Brown rice, sweet potatoes, tuna, whey, dextrose, veggies. that's all....

Sounds about right.

Salmon and Steak are great as well.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    i didn't eat steak, but I had salmon too... and almonds, but that's about it... Would have gotten flax, but it was too expensive...

ONaMission is offline Junior Member

nail on the head + Pollocks.

Yeah, I'm going through it right now again, I still do a cheat day once a week though, I have to or I'll go nuts. Last friday I had some fried catfish, green beans, and mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch, then for dinner i had a small pizza with pineapple on it, then later that night I had a small meatball sub. My cheat day is Fri, I'm usually pretty content up until about Wed(today) then i really start getting irritable and just dead tired. But the day after my cheat day when i hit the gym watch out, I'm on fire with strength and energy.

Cheat DAYS, I thought only cheat meals were allowed when cutting?

Everybody is different, I know a dude that went an entire 12 weeks without cheating once and looked great, I however find that a cheat day helps me to not loose to much weight too fast, gives me strength the next day, so therefor I will try to work whatever bodypart I feel is lagging on the day after, not to mention keeps me sane. I couldnt believe it when I read about how Arnold Schwarzenegger would often go eat an entire pie the week before a competition!!!

you see how all those pies are coming back to haunt him now though right...lol...Your lucky, If I eat more than a cheat meal, i start getting all bulemic (spelling) and feeling like I just wasted a week of my life.

see, I'm quite opposite. When I cheat, it almost kickstarts my metabolism again and makes me lose even more fat the following week. For me, if i go too long with out over eating or cheating(weeks at a time) I will end up looking very flat and depleted. I think the only time I will ever go a couple weeks without cheating is before a show just to make the carb depletion/load phase that much more effective. Hopefully I'll get in the shape to do one this spring.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I eat chicken 5 out of seven meals a day EVERYDAY.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I eat chicken 5 out of seven meals a day EVERYDAY.
    A cheat day is fine as long as you don't go overboard. Like a slice of pizza vs. the whole thing

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    chicken egg whites, and tuna are my staples for protein..i usually eat the same thing every day...i dont get sick of it though and then on the weekends when i have more time to prep ill play around more....for carbs ill switch weekly with oats, yams and brown rice.

Quote Originally Posted by ONaMission
    Cheat DAYS, I thought only cheat meals were allowed when cutting?
    Yes, everyone is different. But i would not suggest an all out cheat day, you will be bloated like hell from all the sodium and carbs and god knows what else, i did that before and it took me the whole week to get back to normal.

A cheat meal is sufficient IMO.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Yes, everyone is different. But i would not suggest an all out cheat day, you will be bloated like hell from all the sodium and carbs and god knows what else, i did that before and it took me the whole week to get back to normal.

A cheat meal is sufficient IMO.
    Everyone will have their different opinions. I'm with the cheat day as well, in that if I don't, I look entirely too flat, the day after my cheat day I'm usually much tighter, and more vascular. Last time I cut, I went on vacation and took a cheat week, and gained 5 lbs, and lost it all again in 4 days of cutting. Then again I'm 19 so my metabolism is still firing on all cylinders.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    While it may be true that there are relatively few food options ie chicken, fish, turkey, lean beef etc....there are many different way to season them. Also, there are many great vegies to choose from.....so mix and match. It is easier to burn out when eating the same exact food prepared the same exact way with the same exact sides.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

exactly,

from all of this info, if you need variety, simply change each meal. rotate your carbs between oats at breakfast, brown rice and or yams for lunch/dinner. for you protein sources, switch it up from a can of tuna, to a chicken breast, to sliced turkey to ground sirloin to a steak. you can have plenty of variety. its just usally easier ot cook up a **** load of chicken and eat it all the time though.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    chicken egg whites, and tuna are my staples for protein..i usually eat the same thing every day...i dont get sick of it though and then on the weekends when i have more time to prep ill play around more....for carbs ill switch weekly with oats, yams and brown rice.
    I assume that's you in the picture, if i'm right, your diet is working very well! Are you bulking or cutting right now?

Thread Information