britishdragons is offline New Member

Need some help with Protien and diet

Hi I am new to the gym.... I was 5 10 and 208 and started to lift ...and eat...I gained 20 lbs. I had some real good gains in strength and size. I have been on a diet for 2.5 weeks and I am back to 215. I dont want to lose size. I would like to gain size in my upperbody and lose fat. (I know it is tough) I think I would rather gain muscle and let my muscle help me lose fat then to loose any muscle in the process of loosing fat. I am on a wieghtwatchers type of diet. I am not following it too close. I dont count the Protein shakes I take. I think I need 2oo+ protiens daily.. Is that right? It is hard to do while not eating everything I see. My question is What foods have the highest protein to fat or caloric ratio... I know tuna is a good one. I like to eat tuna. Is there anything else that I can eat alot of as a good source of protein and not be a fat gainer. My other question is how much protien do I need. My ideal wieght is about 190 lbs @ 12% bf. I am guessing there. I am I would guess 29%bf now. at 5' 10" 215lbs I have some muscle. I bench 200 and have a good workout routine but I am still fat....I dont plan on competing or even coming close. I just want to look bigger and not be fat.... any suggestion would be helpful. I hear 1 protien for every pound I am...is that close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need some help with Protien and diet-after-fat-guy.jpg  

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by britishdragons
    Hi I am new to the gym.... I was 5 10 and 208 and started to lift ...and eat...I gained 20 lbs. I had some real good gains in strength and size. I have been on a diet for 2.5 weeks and I am back to 215. I dont want to lose size. I would like to gain size in my upperbody and lose fat. (I know it is tough) I think I would rather gain muscle and let my muscle help me lose fat then to loose any muscle in the process of loosing fat. I am on a wieghtwatchers type of diet. I am not following it too close. I dont count the Protein shakes I take. I think I need 2oo+ protiens daily.. Is that right? It is hard to do while not eating everything I see. My question is What foods have the highest protein to fat or caloric ratio... I know tuna is a good one. I like to eat tuna. Is there anything else that I can eat alot of as a good source of protein and not be a fat gainer. My other question is how much protien do I need. My ideal wieght is about 190 lbs @ 12% bf. I am guessing there. I am I would guess 29%bf now. at 5' 10" 215lbs I have some muscle. I bench 200 and have a good workout routine but I am still fat....I dont plan on competing or even coming close. I just want to look bigger and not be fat.... any suggestion would be helpful. I hear 1 protien for every pound I am...is that close.

Read the cutting sticky...... get to know it and how it works. From your avatar pic you need to cut, not bulk right now. If you follow the cutting diet enough and learn how it works, you will be able to cut and maintain your muscle mass you currently have provided some of the "size" you have now is not water / fat. Good luck and once you read it post any questions you have. There are some good people in this forum that will help you out

britishdragons is offline New Member

i checked the cutting thread

It seems that i need to really eat better and step up protien to about 250 per day.? It will be tough to get that done but I am going in the right direction.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by britishdragons
    It seems that i need to really eat better and step up protien to about 250 per day.? It will be tough to get that done but I am going in the right direction.

Everything you want to do can be accomplished by following the cutting stickie. Read it, live by it!

Post a sample diet when you are ready an we will rip it apart for you.

Good luck!

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Reading and understanding the cutting diet will move you quickly in the right direction. You must eat 5 to 8 smaller meals a day must if you want to be lean. Can you say - MORE PROTEIN? Because you must learn every lean protein source that you body can tolerate. The other thing for you is CARDIO. 45 minutes to 1 hour per day 65% to 70% of your MHR. And, read everything here on AR. You will learn a ton and meet alot of bros with similar goals of being in the best possible shape.

Thread Information