chinups Guest

Post on CNN about dieting

This was released by GOVT.

Thoughts anyone? It appears everyone is always involved in looks and everything else but does the diets we follow help you to live a long life???

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/12/food.pyramid.ap/index.html

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Link doesn't work....

I've read about super-low calorie diets (1500 and under) and how they're supposed to make you live longer... and I just read an article on how 3 oz of steak every day for 10 years increases your risk of colon cancer. High protein diets are hard on the kidneys. Basically, protein is hard on the body but i dont give a fukk, you dont get huge without it. I'd rather be king for a day then a schmuck for life.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 01-12-2005 at 11:33 AM.

chinups Guest
    You can copy and paste the link or u can right click and open in another window.

I think most bb's feel the same way as you. Me included...But I wanted to raise the question what is healthier the way we eat or the balanced suggested govt diet???

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Ha, everything that they say is good for the body, they change and say it's bad eventually. Unfortunately, there is no "for sure" thing in this world. Now there is such thing as preventitive aspects, but they are always coming out with a new study that shows this, then a month or year down the road they say something else.
    Unfortunately the foods we eat now a days are so processed and mostly sodium that it really doesn't matter anyway IMO. If you eat one food, that they say is good for you in one way, it may be bad for you in another that scientists don't know about. I think the key thing to remember here is being practical and not to excess. Hard to do yes in the body building industry! But then again, we all are going to die one way or another, just how you live should be the important thing here.

chinups Guest
    I mean its weird my dad is changing my thoughts about dieting and health. He never eats fast foods never eats ****ttty alwasy cooking and eating veggies fruits and what not. The guy is 66 yrs old about 115 pds and about 5'4 I guess. I know that is tiny and he is but he has not one gray hair in his head or his chest, he seems so healthy to me and he has done nothing but follow mommas rules of fruits and veggies. I mean I know we are going to consume a boat load of protein I always will but it just seems the carb thing and the avoid fruits SUX.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    My g/f's father is 60 years old and his whole life ate nothing but Raw Bacon, Bread and Vodka...

guy is a boxer, strong as a bull, and definitely not overweight. 6-0 200lbs.

Every doctor he goes to tells him to stop eating the way he does. He laughs and passes every physical there is..lol

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    who the hell eats raw bacon

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Raw bacon?

EWWWW!!

~SC~

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    My g/f's father is 60 years old and his whole life ate nothing but Raw Bacon, Bread and Vodka...

guy is a boxer, strong as a bull, and definitely not overweight. 6-0 200lbs.

Every doctor he goes to tells him to stop eating the way he does. He laughs and passes every physical there is..lol
    Passing a physical doesn't mean that he is healthy or that he is a potential for a clogged artery or some type of Internal problem. I knew this kick boxer who was very small very ripped, ate healthy, the guy died of a heart attack while working out on a heavy bag one day and was only 26 years old. Just fell out with a massive heart attack.
    Doctor said he had 90% blockage in one of his arteries, that was over looked and never looked at seriously because the guy was so healthy and passed physical tests as well as fitness tests.
    Not that I am saying that eatting raw bacon is a good or bad thing, but that does not settle well with me just for taste! blah!

smegs is offline Member
    raw bacon eh? strait up dirty

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    raw bacon eh? strait up dirty

tell me about it... not too much fun when we go to have dinner with him and he tries to get me to eat that crap... yuck

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I'd rather be king for a day then a schmuck for life.
    Well played...You only live once so you might as well live fast, die hard, and leave a big fat corpse.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Well played...You only live once so you might as well live fast, die hard, and leave a big fat corpse.
    not me, i'd rather be in shape at 80, then huge at 40 from hgh.

Thread Information