kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Length of Lyposis?

I am doing 4-50 minutes of 65-70% walking on an empty stomach in the morning. I come in a shave then have 1 scoop of whey with 1/2 tbs. of flax oil. I then have 3 whole eggs and some chicken 1 hour later. Would it be alright to substitute that meal with 1/2 cup of oats and about 10 egg whites? I thought lyposis only lasted for an hour or so and if carbs take 6 hours or so to get into my muscle that would be perfect for my 7 pm workout. So the only carbs would be 1 hour after cardio and the 2 meals post workout with about 50 grams of carbs each. My main goal is fat loss but I wold like to have a little bit more fuel for the evening workout. I am 6 foot and 200 pounds but not sure about bf%. I do know that I need to lose about 15 pounds or more of fat though. My calories are set at 2500 with the exception of 3500 on Saturdays but sometimes I just keep the calories at main. on that day and ramp the carbs real high to get the refill effect becasue I do not feel that carb loads have to be high calorie to get the effect.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    thats fine, i always have pro/carb 45-60 mins after my cardio

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yup, that would be fine. It only lasts about an hour to 1.5 hours, because you are not in ketosis.

~SC~

kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, you guys are very knowledgeable about these things, I am greatly appreciated. So could I have the carb meal one hour after cardio on non lift days and utilize P/F meals the rest of the day or should I just stick with the meal on lift days. I lift M-W-F . I do legs/back, Chest/Shoulder/arms, then repeat on Friday and so on.. I do 5-8 reps and only do about 2-5 sets depending on muscle size.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    Thanks, you guys are very knowledgeable about these things, I am greatly appreciated. So could I have the carb meal one hour after cardio on non lift days and utilize P/F meals the rest of the day or should I just stick with the meal on lift days. I lift M-W-F . I do legs/back, Chest/Shoulder/arms, then repeat on Friday and so on.. I do 5-8 reps and only do about 2-5 sets depending on muscle size.
    First, you will have to learn what is best for your body. I have found personally that pro/fat works well for me after AM cardio.

I see no problem with a pro/carb after cardio regardless if it is a lift day or not. Once again, that is all up to you.

I am thinking about switching to pro/carb just to mix it up and see how my body reacts. Its all a learning process.

Good luck!

Thread Information