r1zen is offline New Member

Pasteurized egg whites

I've been purchasing Pasteurized egg whites and drinking them for my protein fix at breakfast time.

My question is: is it more beneficial to cook the white's as oppose to simply drinking them? What are the pro's and con's? Faster absorbtion or less absorbtion? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by r1zen; 01-17-2005 at 11:46 PM.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    gross bro, cook the eggs.. it doesn't take long. You risk getting sick by drinking them raw.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    gross bro, cook the eggs.. it doesn't take long. You risk getting sick by drinking them raw.
    No Sh*t thats nasty, it takes like 5 minutes or less to cook some eggs i believe you can fit that into the schedule

-Natural1

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    they are pasturized, he cant get sick from that. however cooking the whites does denature the protein, allowing you to absorbe more

dcb

jgg1221 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    they are pasturized, he cant get sick from that. however cooking the whites does denature the protein, allowing you to absorbe more

dcb

i could be wrong, but i think you can still get sick from pasteurized whites... if bacteria were to interact with the egg whites

if anything it might just be best to crack eggs and drink the white from that... within 30 seconds of cracking it ofcourse

i say this because handeling the egg white bottle could get a lot of bacteria on it and leave any germs sitting on the bottle just waiting to fall onto some of those egg whites

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    by that logic then everything we eat has bacteria in it and a glass of water will kill use. . DONT crack whites a drink them, thats foolish. . .go watch more rocky

dcb

r1zen is offline New Member
    Pasteurized egg white's shouldn't cause poisoning from what I hear...

I just wanted to know if the absolbtion process was effected in any way by not cooking them. I see one response says cooking them should yield better results, but eating 2 cups worth of egg whites makes me want to puke my brains out. I'm just plain sick of them, so I drink them instead.

For those of you who think it's nasty. It's virtually tasteless.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    i could be wrong, but i think you can still get sick from pasteurized whites... if bacteria were to interact with the egg whites

if anything it might just be best to crack eggs and drink the white from that... within 30 seconds of cracking it ofcourse

i say this because handeling the egg white bottle could get a lot of bacteria on it and leave any germs sitting on the bottle just waiting to fall onto some of those egg whites

would u also suggest he wears a michael jackson mask while working out at his gym.. or he might breathe some bacteria there

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    would u also suggest he wears a michael jackson mask while working out at his gym.. or he might breathe some bacteria there

lol?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If they are pasteurized then they are fine raw.

I'd cook them to make them more bio-available however.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Cook your eggs!

End of thread!

Thank you....

Thread Information