jgg1221 is offline Member

how many grams of EFA's per day?

in general whether bulking or cutting (does it make a difference?) how many grams of EFA's would you need per day?

most of my EFA's come from flax seed oil
    and some come from macadamian nut oil

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    when bulking its assumed you would have more pro/carb meals thus not having as many EFA's while cutting

dcb

soooo how many grams of EFA's would that leave?

its different for everybody, how the hell do i know how many EFA's your supposed to have in dayumn day

dcb

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    its different for everybody, how the hell do i know how many EFA's your supposed to have in dayumn day

dcb

lol

i'm in a pissy mood slut, what can i tell ya buddy

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

dcb
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!

You mean you don't have answers for EVERYBODY and you can't READ MINDS??

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    dalcowbag:

So how much EFA should i consume per day? Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    dalcowbag:

So how much EFA should i consume per day? Thanks in advance...

try to get 400grams a day, mostly from bacon and butter, get half of that in your PWO meal!!!!

dcb

try to get 400grams a day, mostly from bacon and butter, get half of that in your PWO meal!!!!

dcb

Thanks so much for the advice, i have been using Lard as well as it is a source of fats as well.

I have been adding 2 tbsp of it in my PWO, is this cool?

gee thanks for all the informitive responses

Da f*ck do you expect to hear?

You gave NO PERTINENT INFORMATION, were we supposed to make sh*t up?

No one here is a mind reader, try doing some research, read other posts, do a search here, PRESENT a layout for critique, take INITIATIVE, etc.

This is about you, not us.

~SC~

longhornDr is offline Member
    I don't see any reason to jump all over this guy, he has a legit question with a simple answer.

There is in fact not much variation in how much EFA's people need, it is not "different for everybody" and it doesn't change depending on whether you are cutting or bulking or how many calories are in your diet.

A simple rule of thumb for EFA's would be not less than 1 tablespoon and not more than 4 tablespoons of something like flax oil (though I think olive oil or a balanced blend like Udos is a better choice). Something that most people don't seem to realize is that too much EFAs can be just as bad or worse than too little.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    I don't see any reason to jump all over this guy, he has a legit question with a simple answer.
    That is your opinion on the matter, I don't see it that way. I can't give general advice w/no specific information, I don't like to mis-lead or mis-represent. It indeed IS different for everybody, but I ain't here to argue as I don't have the time/desire/nor give a rat's ass.

So, you answer it then Superman. Thanks for coming to save the day.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    LMFAO...... is everyone having a good day today

I feel the love in this thread

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That is your opinion on the matter, I don't see it that way. I can't give general advice w/no specific information, I don't like to mis-lead or mis-represent. It indeed IS different for everybody, but I ain't here to argue as I don't have the time/desire/nor give a rat's ass.

So, you answer it then Superman. Thanks for coming to save the day.

~SC~
    It's the opinion of all medical knowledge on the subject matter to date, there is absolutley no logical reason why EFA requirements would differ significantly from person to person except in extreme conditions. There is no additional information needed to answer the guys question but people would rather be jackasses than help people. If you don't know the answer to the guy's question then why post in the first place.

AquaFrook is offline Banned
    Don't mess with SwoleCat while his roid raging, bro. He's earned the right to post smarta** posts and TRY tp make people who are looking for help feel dumb (superiority complex). He says he doesn't have the time to deal with what he calls dumba** posts yet he does it all the time. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaFrook
    Don't mess with SwoleCat while his roid raging, bro. He's earned the right to post smarta** posts and TRY tp make people who are looking for help feel dumb (superiority complex). He says he doesn't have the time to deal with what he calls dumba** posts yet he does it all the time. Very sad.
    smart. . . .real smart

dcb

diesel21 is offline Member
    yikes.... this is harsh stuff...

smart. . . .real smart

dcb

Yeah, i hope he got all the advice he needed?

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    It's the opinion of all medical knowledge on the subject matter to date, there is absolutley no logical reason why EFA requirements would differ significantly from person to person except in extreme conditions. There is no additional information needed to answer the guys question but people would rather be jackasses than help people. If you don't know the answer to the guy's question then why post in the first place.
    Many may wish to use/not use it in more/less than what is considered a "good" dose, dependent on what dietary approach was used. I may be using 5 or 6 tablespoons when 3 would be of the same benefit, however I need to use this as a fat source of choice in my meals.

That's what I meant.

~SC~

He says he doesn't have the time to deal with what he calls dumba** posts yet he does it all the time. Very sad.
    Here I find myself dealing with yet another dumbass post.

As well, if you read my second response, you'll see why I had perfect reason
    to want more information, and why I PERSONALLY could not give MY advice, as I need certain criteria to effectively do so. I have the ways in which I offer advice, I've earned that right as has anyone, and I most certainly don't "owe" anybody anything. No one does!

Now, until I see you accrue about 5000-6000 posts here ASSISTING people with their dietary concerns, you have NO PLACE to tell anyone on this board what is acceptable in regards to how the forum is generally operated by the regulars who are always here, and to pass judgement on the nature of instructions by Vets/Senior members here at this location.

As I said in another thread, you have no idea WTF is going on in this forum, nor how we like to operate to make everyone's visit here productive so they can leave w/a decent approach to fitness. You've had NO part in that whatsoever, so don't tell us/me what you "THINK" about me. Please understand, I most certainly do not care.

Thank you and goodnight.

~SC~

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    And yet you post a dumbass response how ironic

Let me tell you about Swolecat he's helped more people out then most of everybody on here so be careful on who you smart off too.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    It amazes me everytime I see someone argue with SC. LOOK AT HIM, he probably has an idea what he is talking about. Unless you look as good or better than he does then I really don't think ANYONE can argue his points.

i dont see why you guys got so bitchy about a stupid question
    so what if i didnt know? its foolish of you to let it bother you so much.. and if it does why pay any attention to it? sh!t

im just trying to learn like everyone else is here... and figuring out how much EFA's, well i dont know where else to look. that doesn't make me some idiot.

and swole cat.. if you answer so many posts about diet critique, and so many of the "stupid questions" piss you off, then why bother doing it? doesnt sound like you getting paid for it... is it really worth the extra stress?

im not flaming anyone but i am saying its ridiculous to get uptight about a "stupid question," becuase if it werent for people asking "stupid questions" then thered be a lot of clueless people out there

whatever man

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Da f*ck do you expect to hear?

You gave NO PERTINENT INFORMATION, were we supposed to make sh*t up?

No one here is a mind reader, try doing some research, read other posts, do a search here, PRESENT a layout for critique, take INITIATIVE, etc.

This is about you, not us.

~SC~
    I didnt KNOW you needed some kind of pertinent info for essential fatty acids
    so why do you get so upset?

I never put anything about you into play

how can you expect anyone to learn when you criticize then when they try to learn?

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    I didnt KNOW you needed some kind of pertinent info for essential fatty acids
    so why do you get so upset?

I never put anything about you into play

how can you expect anyone to learn when you criticize then when they try to learn?

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
    Because dude each person needs for nutrients is different from the other depending on what their goals are.If your bulking you might want to up your fat if your cutting well then you might want to keep it down other factors like weight,age also come to play you can't just tell someone how much of what they need if they don't give enough info about themselves in order to come up with some sort of dosage or whatever.

I mean that's like someone going over to the anabolic section asking "hey what kind of cycle would be good for me" without giving out important info like if he's a newbie,how long as he been training what is his age,etc no one is a mind reader here we need info in order to help you out.

Thank you Intensity for trying to make the OBVIOUS sink in to rather dense craniums.

Like I said above:

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat, for the 15th time on this subject
    As well, if you read my second response, you'll see why I had perfect reason
    to want more information, and why I PERSONALLY could not give MY advice, as I need certain criteria to effectively do so. I have the ways in which I offer advice, I've earned that right as has anyone, and I most certainly don't "owe" anybody anything. No one does!

Bottom line is, Swole is a professional and he will not just throw out random BS advice that could/would tarnish his reputation.

How can he (or any of us) give anyone proper advice without knowing pertinent info such as, age, weight, goals, experience?

Now if you want a BS answer, i can more than help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Bottom line is, Swole is a professional and he will not just throw out random BS advice that could/would tarnish his reputation.

How can he (or any of us) give anyone proper advice without knowing pertinent info such as, age, weight, goals, experience?

Now if you want a BS answer, i can more than help you out!
    Once again another person who can exercise/execute common sense in the arena of dietary guidance/advice.

If you don't like what I have to say, nor agree with what I can/can't comment on, then leave!

Just as my location says, Hate it or Love it!

~SC~

ok.
    im 6ft tall, 22%bf, 230lbs, 20years old (for some odd reason i dont really look that fat, i really dont look my weight, its rather bizarre)
    training for 4 years, serious for 2... got into diet & nutrition for about a year and a half... my goals are essentially putting on lean muscle... losing fat and transforming some of it into muscle

cardio 3x/week for 20-30mins @ 65% max heart rate
    weight training 3-4 times per week, every muscle group once per week... chest, legs, back, arms, shoulders
    250-300g protein per day
    200g complex carbs perday
    low salt
    low sugar
    and no cheating

that enough info?

fat doesnt transform into nething but more fat. and your not doing enough cardio to burn ne neways

dcb

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I would arrive at a total kcal intake (Harris-Benedict, McArdle Ketch & Ketch, Multiply pounds by X amount of kcal) there are many different ways to get this figure. Then divide that into your desired macronutrient consumption (% CHO/PRO/FAT) then further divide that by kcal/gram to arrive at your total grams of each nutrient to consume daily.

fat doesnt transform into nething but more fat. and your not doing enough cardio to burn ne neways

dcb
    well ive read that if you want to avoid burning muscle you should keep the cardio under 1 hour per week... i read that in mens fitnesss

and what i meant by turning fat into muscle was, replacing the fat thats there with muscle

i do realize this isnt gonna come over night... i roughly estimate 6monthes to a year to lose some of the weight and get to below 10% body fat weighing around 200lbs

just trying to do everything i can to make it come quicker and safely

CAPS........

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    well ive read that if you want to avoid burning muscle you should keep the cardio under 1 hour per week

WHAT??? PER WEEK? WHAT IS THE REASONING BEHIND THAT? CARDIO IS ONLY CATABOLIC PROVIDED ONE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY EAT THE OTHER 23+ HOURS OF THE DAY TO MAINTAIN A POSITIVE NITROGEN BALANCE.

... i read that in mens fitnesss

BAAHAHAH!!!!!!! I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN THAT ONE!! THAT'S TOO FUNNY.........BRO, MAGAZINES HAVE NO CLUE.........

and what i meant by turning fat into muscle was, replacing the fat thats there with muscle

THAT IS POSSIBLE, YES.

i do realize this isnt gonna come over night... i roughly estimate 6monthes to a year to lose some of the weight and get to below 10% body fat weighing around 200lbs

IT CAN COME FASTER IF YOU ACTUALLY DO CARDIO AND HAVE A STERLING DIETARY APPROACH. READING MEN'S FITNESS WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE THOUGH.

just trying to do everything i can to make it come quicker and safely
    ~SC~

well swole, since i gave out a lot of the pertinent info, do you think that would be enough info to give a good suggestion on the amount of EFA's?

and, well aparently my idea behind cardio is way off... any suggestions?
    how about the number of complex carbs?

any info is apprechiated

btw - you wouldnt happen to know any good books on this would you?

thanks

smegs is offline Member
    is mens fitness a carppy mag? never real sat down and read one theres so many **** ads.

bump

Thread Information