Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

I'm sick of Brown Rice and Yams!!

OK the brown rice and yams are getting pretty old. I have been eating them everyday for 7 weeks while cutting and I've dropped a lot of bodyfat. BUT I need to switch things up and I'm planning to subsitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTA and WHOLE WHEAT BREAD in the place of the yams and brown rice. I plan on cutting for about 5 more weeks but I can't handle the BR and Yams anymore. Will I be able to stay on track with the Whole Wheat Bread and Pasta?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nah, they both have gluten in them and are processed carbs.

Ride it out........

Should have started dieting w/the "dirtier" sh*t first, then switched it up clean as it gets closer.

~SC~

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Aren't Black Beans a good complex source also?

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman44
    OK the brown rice and yams are getting pretty old. I have been eating them everyday for 7 weeks while cutting and I've dropped a lot of bodyfat. BUT I need to switch things up and I'm planning to subsitute WHOLE WHEAT PASTA and WHOLE WHEAT BREAD in the place of the yams and brown rice. I plan on cutting for about 5 more weeks but I can't handle the BR and Yams anymore. Will I be able to stay on track with the Whole Wheat Bread and Pasta?

Instead of the water use chicken broth in your brown rice to cook it, you wouldnt believe how much of a difference it maKES.

I have a recipe for this curried brown rice somewhere that I make and it tastes better then rice a roni. I'll post it when I find it.

Yams---- cook it in the micro, cinnimon, sugar free maple or splenda, and butter buds. Its like candy.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    Instead of the water use chicken broth in your brown rice to cook it, you wouldnt believe how much of a difference it maKES.

I have a recipe for this curried brown rice somewhere that I make and it tastes better then rice a roni. I'll post it when I find it.

Yams---- cook it in the micro, cinnimon, sugar free maple or splenda, and butter buds. Its like candy.

Defintely have to agree with the sugar free syrup on yams... yummy!

Do you count the Sugarl alcohols,Sorbitol towards total carbs?

RATM is offline Senior Member
    SC,

Can you advise on posts #4 and #5??

Thanks,

Ratm

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    Defintely have to agree with the sugar free syrup on yams... yummy!

Do you count the Sugarl alcohols,Sorbitol towards total carbs?
    Yeah thats why I been using the spenda more often, I been really strict with carbs, only PWO, and PPWO and oats or yams for breakfast only on WO days so my carbs are real low.

xenithon is offline Member
    I would keep away from WW bread. However if you can get some unrefined, stoneground WW pasta it is a great source of carbs. There are also many other carb sources: basmati rice, barley couscous, red potatos (low to med. GI), all types of beans, lentils, kasha etc.

X

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Bros!

I got some surgar free syrup and that sh*t is the bomb on the Yams.

I haven't found a way to improve the brown rice yet. The funny thing is a month or two ago the brown rice was my favorite food in my diet. Funny how my taste (like and dis-likes) have totally changed during this strict cutting diet. I'm even craving foods that I have never liked.

diesel21 is offline Member
    well... i know there is this rice pasta... its a certain brand though... its amazing! tastes much, much, better than other crap i've tried!!!!!.... I had it several times, but i can only find it at a real italian store around here.... i'll get the name brand next time....
    (and you can also get gluten free pasta, i think the carbs in it are still processed though)
    thats why you can't go wrong w/ this rice pasta

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman44

Eat plain oatmeal instead.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Eat plain oatmeal instead.
    Yuck. Sweet potatos are the way to go.

Thread Information