chinups Guest

Any thoughts on fasting?

FASTING
    Those who fast for health cite many benefits of fasting: rest for internal organs; improved digestion and circulation; greater mental and spiritual clarity and energy; elimination of drug cravings; improved sleep; weight loss. Adherents say that fasting can relieve symptoms of emotional depression and anxiety and foster a feeling of well-being. Advocates of fasting during illness believe that this restraint aids healing; eating, they believe, taps energy for digestion that could be better used for recovery. In addition, some claim that fasting may release a hormone that stimulates the body's immune system in its fight against disease.

I would like to try it right before a huge cutting diet to teach myself discipline. Any thoughts on this?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No way Jose.

If you are cutting after, then fasting is a bad idea as you start off on a catabolic foot.

~SC~

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    If you are strictly interested in fasting from a spiritualy perspective that is one thing. If your intention is to fast to improve your body I'm with Swole - it would be a huge mistake. You want to reduce bodyfat not just loose wieght. Do you really want to drop hard earned lean mass? Clean diet and cardio is the best way by far.

chinups Guest
    I was thinking of fasting in a different way. Pretty much not worrying about looks but for two days removing some bad toxins and stuff like that.

-Swole is your opinion straight from a a bodybuilding perspective? I am not sure I am solf on it either.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My opinion is from what would be best for me and keeping lean muscle, avoiding catabolism, etc., yes.

~SC~

chinups Guest
    Yo swole I try to argue with you but then I look down at that pic and see the peeks in your biceps. GOD ****!!! SON!!!

hahaha

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    Yo swole I try to argue with you but then I look down at that pic and see the peeks in your biceps. GOD ****!!! SON!!!

hahaha

...Listen to the man (Swole). Have you ever seen those Hindu holy men who fast their asses off?? They are so wasted looking they could stand in the shower and not get wet! Clean diet and cardio will preferentially strip fat and have a negligible impact on lean muscle mass IF training continues at a moderate/high intensity.

diesel21 is offline Member
    well, it does clear the mind in a way, and let you think a lil better... but i think u can achieve both in a way... when you are cutting you aren't always on a full stomach, just taking in what you need. so if your used to eating like a fatmess like myself, when u are cutting its kind of like fasting.... (not really fasting but you may feel the same effects because you are eating only what u need, burning calories at a faster rate)

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ...Listen to the man (Swole). Have you ever seen those Hindu holy men who fast their asses off?? They are so wasted looking they could stand in the shower and not get wet! Clean diet and cardio will preferentially strip fat and have a negligible impact on lean muscle mass IF training continues at a moderate/high intensity.
    Do you mean the hindu holy men that there avg life expectancy is 105. LOL

Diesel-I feel like its fasting to me when I diet real hard. I live for cheat meals!!!

diesel21 is offline Member
    lol, me too, i just wish i'd grow more in the off season!

Thread Information