fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

cutting..result time

about how long till u start seeing results (individual question, i kno its not tha same for everyone)

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    I think it makes a big difference what bodyfat you are at when you start. For me, the first 3-4 weeks are discouraging because I don't see many visible changes despite the weight going down. As the weeks progress the process seems to speed up and you notice changes much more. Sometimes I feel like I can see changes day to day. Patience is only way to get where you want be.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    im not sure what my bf% is, started out at around 14 b4 i bulked, aint sure now, but thanks

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    I'm opposite of NWP. I notice rapid results the first 4 weeks... and then things start to slow and I have to tweek my diet and training until I start rolling again.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Besides diet......its all about heavy Cardio for me!

But its also more seasonal for me as with most. Here we are in January, so been eating not as clean as usual, but by Feb I start back Tanning and begin cleaning up the diet and By March 1st I'm Cardio man and the diet is tweaked pretty good. So usually about 3-4 weeks & I'm leaning out nicely!

MJ

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    I was wondering the same thing-- How long on average should it be expected to take to drop 10% body fat?

Given the fact that "it's different for everyone". But for the average person following a strict cutting diet, performing cardio, not using any drugs, etc.

I am thinking that it mostly depends on how much fat lbs you have to lose, figure 1-2 lbs a week loss then divde to get the # of weeks it should take... does that sound right?

Thanks

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    My results are these.... I been on since Jan 1.

1st week- gained 3 lbs... I guess your body is changing your metabolic rate and how fast it processes food and gets use to the diet.

Jan 7th to present Jan 22..... lost 12 lbs.... Just eating clean and lifting, no real cardio yet. I usually start my diet in Jan every year, I'll tell you this, I sincerely believe that the cardio doesnt have much effect on burning that much fat, it does help, but I think for me at least its 90% diet.

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    My results are these.... I been on since Jan 1.

I'll tell you this, I sincerely believe that the cardio doesnt have much effect on burning that much fat, it does help, but I think for me at least its 90% diet.
    I feel the same way at times, I know I can probably get by with no cardio, but I definitely think cardio helps speed up the process.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I sincerely believe that the cardio doesnt have much effect on burning that much fat, it does help, but I think for me at least its 90% diet.
    Diet is very key, yes, but cardio (if done right and accompanied by the correct nutritional protocol) is an invaluable tool.

~SC~

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    I know for me personally I need both diet and cardio to be on target or I will not see major results. I have been doing cardio first thing in the am and following the cutting sticky for around two weeks and have already lost around 8 pounds. So I would have to recommend like everyone else on the board basically it is a trial and error to find out how your body reacts to changes. Once you master that you are on your way to the way you want your body to look!!!

Good luck with getting to your goals fballhoss51

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I notice the most results the first few weeks, then it slows down a bit, but i never get above about 14% whether i'm bulking or maintaining. DIET IS MOST IMPORTANT when trying to loose bodyfat, IMO.

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Diet is very key, yes, but cardio (if done right and accompanied by the correct nutritional protocol) is an invaluable tool.

~SC~

I agree that you need to do cardio 100%.

I just laugh at all these people that go on the treadmill balls to the wall at 8mph for an hour, then eat pasta and **** food and wonder why they dont lose wieght. They think that cardio cures all evils.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree that you need to do cardio 100%.

I just laugh at all these people that go on the treadmill balls to the wall at 8mph for an hour, then eat pasta and **** food and wonder why they dont lose wieght. They think that cardio cures all evils.

AMEN Brutha!!

Thread Information