kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Pre Workout carbs...8 hours prior?

I have been doing cardio at 8:15-9:00. Then I have 1 scoop whey and 1/2 tbs. of flax 20 minutes later, then 3/4 cup oats with 11 egg whites 1 hour after that. I start lifting around 7:30-8 at night. Will that 3/4 cup of oats be muscle glyco by then? I had good energy without the morning carbs but I introduced them this week and actually feel leaner so I will keep it up. Also, has anyone ever alternated a 5-8 range workout with a 10-12 rep range workout. I do half my body Monday, the other half Wednsday, then I start all over Friday and so on. So I only get one heavy load every 7 days or so.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    I have been doing cardio at 8:15-9:00. Then I have 1 scoop whey and 1/2 tbs. of flax 20 minutes later, then 3/4 cup oats with 11 egg whites 1 hour after that. I start lifting around 7:30-8 at night. Will that 3/4 cup of oats be muscle glyco by then? I had good energy without the morning carbs but I introduced them this week and actually feel leaner so I will keep it up. Also, has anyone ever alternated a 5-8 range workout with a 10-12 rep range workout. I do half my body Monday, the other half Wednsday, then I start all over Friday and so on. So I only get one heavy load every 7 days or so.

I think a good rule of thumb is 4-6 hours before hand to be used as energy. As for the meal layout (well the few meals you listed) I would change a few things...... if anything have the oats with lean protein after cardio then a couple hours later eat your next pro/fat meal and so on until you have carbs again for PWO. There seems to be no purpose to the oats/egg whites an hour after a shake with flax, although I see the shake w/ flax is a small meal that probably would be digested in an hour, but if you're going to have a Pro/Fat meal Post cardio then keep having pro/fat meals until PWO & PPWO.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I think a good rule of thumb is 4-6 hours before hand to be used as energy. As for the meal layout (well the few meals you listed) I would change a few things...... if anything have the oats with lean protein after cardio then a couple hours later eat your next pro/fat meal and so on until you have carbs again for PWO. There seems to be no purpose to the oats/egg whites an hour after a shake with flax, although I see the shake w/ flax is a small meal that probably would be digested in an hour, but if you're going to have a Pro/Fat meal Post cardio then keep having pro/fat meals until PWO & PPWO.

LMO =

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    LMO =

And you would know how ??

Thread Information