HiFi is offline Associate Member

cheat meals. how much is too much?

well yesterday i had a cheat meal.. i plan to have it once a week like the cutting sticky suggests. for me it was 1/2 cheeseburger an a few fries. what do you guys have for a cheat meal? and my second question is.. considering i just ate something that was possibly 1,000 calories.. should i stop after that or should i continue to still have the 6 meals that id normally have in a day

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude you dont wanna know how many calories i used to consume on a cheat day...before i got truly disciplined i used to down a good 4 - 5000 calories on a cheat day all made up of cookies, candy and greasy food. you'll be fine...just keep eating clean for the rest of the day.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    1/2 a cheeseburger and a few fries ain't sh*t. I doubt that's even 500-600 kcals.

~SC~

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    1/2 a cheeseburger and a few fries ain't sh*t. I doubt that's even 500-600 kcals.

~SC~

hah, sorry i meant 1/2 LB of cheeseburger

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    cheat days r cheat days bro, not cheat meals, eat wutever u feel like the whole day. as long as ur diet is perfect thru the week than its all good.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    i do two bacon cheeseburgers while cutting on saturday. Soon I will cut it down to one. I used to insane cheats, like all cookies 5000 cal easy. I miss that.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I would like to suggest that the cheat day is just that, you cheat.. It isn't however a free to do whatever you want.. A serious person would not eat a 2 lb box of See's candy on cheat day..
    I would suggest that you ( during the week ) write a menu for cheat day.. this allows a couple things to take place...

It allows you to think of your cravings during the week as your fighting those urges..it forces you to come up with the things you would like to eat most... still kinda structuring your meals .. you will find that you will change meals as you get closer to that day.( I would much rather have blueberry pancakes with ice cream more than a skillet breakfast ).. when the day finally arrives you have a thought out menu to take care of those cravings...
    In time your cravings will lessen and you will eat less of the foods your craving just on your own... Your body will not like the amounts of high fat or high sugar contents as much as it did initially... that is your body telling you its getting much healthier and doesn't want too much...so you will on your own cut down..

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Literally just walked in from my cheat meal, went to a mexican buffet called Jallisco's.

I ate chicken/steak fajitas and all the dressings and topped it off with a little ice cream.

I am in heaven right now.......oh ...ugh...just hit me...cya boys...i gotta go take a poop!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark
    I would like to suggest that the cheat day is just that, you cheat.. It isn't however a free to do whatever you want.. A serious person would not eat a 2 lb box of See's candy on cheat day..
    I would suggest that you ( during the week ) write a menu for cheat day.. this allows a couple things to take place...

It allows you to think of your cravings during the week as your fighting those urges..it forces you to come up with the things you would like to eat most... still kinda structuring your meals .. you will find that you will change meals as you get closer to that day.( I would much rather have blueberry pancakes with ice cream more than a skillet breakfast ).. when the day finally arrives you have a thought out menu to take care of those cravings...
    In time your cravings will lessen and you will eat less of the foods your craving just on your own... Your body will not like the amounts of high fat or high sugar contents as much as it did initially... that is your body telling you its getting much healthier and doesn't want too much...so you will on your own cut down..
    very good idea. This will help you get past thost urges having something to look forward to. For me, when I'm trying to bulk I usually have whatever once on saturday and once on sunday prob around 2000 calories a piece. During cutting I usually have only one of 800 calories or less. Setting up what you really crave and want for your cheat before hand will give you something to look forward to though.

L-carnatine is offline Banned
    bro i hit up the chineese buffet for breakfast and stuff my face like a sumo wrestler, then go have som sweet cream vanila icecream with brownie and cookie doe , then late mabie have cookies and mabie some mcdonalds or chekers it depends on my mood i might grab some chiken kitchen ( large size and a pita) at night i might eat some chiken fingers with fries and corn and for disert have vanila icecream with chicolate cake and chocolate fudge with caramel -o my god- eat that everyday and youll gain a for sure 10lbs but what can i do its a cheat day i have to do it ( i was known as the fat boy , bubba, fat ass, big bones etc, when i was younger)

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    what if you were 4 weeks out from a competition.. then what would your cheat meal look like/

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    what if you were 4 weeks out from a competition.. then what would your cheat meal look like/

Most likely someone 4 weeks out from a comp would not have a cheat anything.

BULKING_N is offline Junior Member
    You can have good cheat and bad cheat days. You can eat whatever you want, just not wayyyy overboard IMO. Strange enough, I never crave pizza or fries, more sweet things like cheerios,muffins, ice cream and coca cola. Eat your pizza but not a family size one. All it takes is a few mins of eating pleasure to ruin your hard work. At the start of my cheat day, I used to do a HIIT cardio session just to ensure that there was no major overspill of excess calories. Mind you, if you're on a prety low carb cutting like keto, then a cheat day is worth it, but should consist of mainly good carbs. At the start of the day, nothing wrong having a bit of simple carbs but make it one meal.

N

ya_man is offline Member
    hey guys, just a quick question regarding cheat meals....when in the day is the best time to have them?...i normally have it for dinner on friday and maybe a small cheat snack while watching TV before bed?...any comments on timing, etc? thanks guys

i would think the early afternoon would be a good time.

Thread Information