Flaco is offline Associate Member

Please Critique my new Diet

I have been working out now for about 6 months and have been bulking since...I now want to stop and build muscle slowly the old fashioned way...I am 5'8 175 pounds with around 19 percent bodyfat....Not the best I know...How does 3,000 cal.200-250 grams protein...100-150 carbs and 50-100 grams a fat per day sound...Should I up the carbs?

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    At your max listed above of 250 p/150c/100f, you'll only have 2500 calories. Your protein intake will be sufficient however your carbs will not since you can almost intake that amount after a workout alone. And I don't think you need 100 grams of fat.

If you will focus your fat on EFA's and foods high in them ie. Flax oil, Cod, Non processed vegetable oil, Salmon, Olive oil, Hazelnuts,
    Peanut oil, Hemp, Avocado oil, and any EFA oils or supplement you'll not have to worry about fat. Avoid saturated fats and any trans fats, as well as anything with hydrogenated oils. Concentrate your carbs on low GI and high fiber. ie Sweet potatoes, Whole grain/fiber cereals, Brown Rice, Yams, Lentils, Oatmeal, Vegetables, rye and pumpernickle breads, Pita as well as your fibrous veggies like as broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, spinach and other raw veggies which add fiber, minerals and vitamins, with very few calories.

You do this and you'll not only make good progress you'll feel a lot better and even continue to lose bodyfat.

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Thanks

You seem to know a lot about nutrition dumbells..I will up the carbs/....I was also thinking about postworkout carb intake as well.Thanks again...

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    It's all about timing and quality Flaco. Always glad to help a brother.

Thread Information