kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Is this a cheat day?

I eat 50-140 carbs each day with 2000-2400 calories thorugh the week with a strict eating pattern and exercise routine. I like to get some energy for thge week on my only rest day which is Sunday. I am around 200 pounds with around 17% BF. On Sundays I up my calories to around 3000. I eat about 300 grams of carbs spread out every 5 hours over 3 meals. The carbs consist of brown rice, oatmeal and wheat pasta. I have 3 other meals consisting of protein and a little good fats, walnuts, almonds or flax oil. Would this be considered cheating? I lost 2 pounds last week and I am getting stronger. By the way my schedule through the week is 6 cardio sessions at 75% for 45 minutes, 3 weight lifting sessions and 1 30 minute heavy bag routine that kicks my ass.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    More like a carb-up day. Cheat days for me include the likes of pizza, steaks, burgers (w/ buns), etc.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you can keep up with that mentally then you'll be fine...some people can do just a healthy carb up, while others need to all out cheat...i have found that eliminating all garbage food for such a while reduces cravings for sweets and grease anyways...i just feel healthier not ever really binging, but only having a couple extra servings of quality carbs.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree, i feel so much better at the end of the day when u carb up. and the next day in the gym your muscle look nice and fool

dcb

kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys. Do you usually have a certain amount of clean carbs to refill or do you just stick to a certain calorie number or until you feel a little bloated?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    More like a carb-up day. Cheat days for me include the likes of pizza, steaks, burgers (w/ buns), etc.
    exactly this seems to be a fairly clean carb up cheat day. indulge a little more if you would like. You do not want to get board of your diet.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    Thanks guys. Do you usually have a certain amount of clean carbs to refill or do you just stick to a certain calorie number or until you feel a little bloated?
    for me i just eat my normal sized meals (bulker dieting so they are quite large) and then just add in an extra serving of a carb that i miss (wheat bread, wheat bagel or wheat muffin, extra oats) and i pile on the sugar free jams and splenda without counting every d@mn gram of everything. seems to work well. oh and i usually have some fruit and yogurt for a change on my off day.

Thread Information