dr.shred is offline Senior Member

cheating during cutting?

I was wondering what some of you guys cheat with and how much like in terms of calories leading up to competition? Does the cheat meal become more of a clean carb spike or is still whatever you want to have. The reason I'm asking is because I am going to be looked at by some of the top modeling agencies and would like to be around 4% bf by march 19th. I have really good genetics and and find I can eat whatever I want and stay around the 10-11% range. My biggest concern was should my cheat almost become not a cheat meal. I am around 7% now. I heard that bbers usually don't cheat when they are cutting, but spike their carbs with complex carbs. Thanks for help guys.

-SHRED

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    ideally if you feel the need to cheat, a controlled higher carb/refeed day is the most ideal way. However, for me this often times doesn't go as planned and I start to stray off course (eating 2-3 boxes of cereal, basically any carbs I can find while keeping fat to minimum). But if you can do it, that's what I would recommend.
    A cheat meal isn't that bad IMO. Entire days devoted to cheating is a different story.
    I have a quick metabolism and I end up cheating more than I should, but regardless I get to where I need to be.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nwp
    ideally if you feel the need to cheat, a controlled higher carb/refeed day is the most ideal way. However, for me this often times doesn't go as planned and I start to stray off course (eating 2-3 boxes of cereal, basically any carbs I can find while keeping fat to minimum). But if you can do it, that's what I would recommend.
    A cheat meal isn't that bad IMO. Entire days devoted to cheating is a different story.
    I have a quick metabolism and I end up cheating more than I should, but regardless I get to where I need to be.

Yea that seems to be the same thing that happens to me....... but my metabolism sucks

Although if it is only one day a week it really won't hurt you or your progress........ you may hold some water for a few days but it is virtually impossible to make yourself fat in one day. Now as far as doing this when on the road to a show..... you might want to clean up the cheat days quite a bit and make them clean carb up days instead. Just depends on how far out you are and how lean you start off etc etc.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a few carb refeeds up until about one month out til my show...they were just an extra cup of oatmeal or brown rice though...i think this depends on the person and their metabolism...the last month of dieting i was clean the entire way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i had a few carb refeeds up until about one month out til my show...they were just an extra cup of oatmeal or brown rice though...i think this depends on the person and their metabolism...the last month of dieting i was clean the entire way.
    thanks guys, I was planning on cutting all cheating for the last month. Right now my cheats are pretty small (one cheesburger saturday, 1 sunday). bigsd67 did you cut even spiking your carbs the last month?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    thanks guys, I was planning on cutting all cheating for the last month. Right now my cheats are pretty small (one cheesburger saturday, 1 sunday). bigsd67 did you cut even spiking your carbs the last month?
    yes that was cut out except for two days prior to the show to fill me out...there is a whole process to go through when dieting for show...quite miserable...but worth it to some.

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    yes that was cut out except for two days prior to the show to fill me out...there is a whole process to go through when dieting for show...quite miserable...but worth it to some.

I have always wondered whether or not the guys that do fitness modeling, do the whole carb loading process before shoots. They never look too vascular in photos, and I'm guessing they just focus on getting rid of all the water before the shoot, rather than refilling out their muscles. Basically my point is, if you have a shoot with a modeling agency, you might not want to follow the same final week plan as a person competing in a show

well i came out on stage looking lean and ripped also very vainy and vascular, i would definitely consider doing a pre contest type of routine for a photo shoot...it will give you paper thin skin and a very nice dry look. JMO

thanks guys. I want to look very lean (4%) in any light. I don't however though want to look too vascular unlike in bb show. Trying to figure out how to do both. At this point im trying to figure out the whole carb situation and how I should do it.

any other opinions?

Thread Information