Thread: Cottage cheese

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Cottage cheese

Cottage cheese is good to eat b4 bed because it contains fats that slow down the absorption of the protein, or the protein itself (in the cheese) is a slow digesting type?

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    The protein is casein.... the slow absorbing kind.

I do 1/2 cup of fat free CC and a nice scoop of penut butter with 1 pack of spenda.... it tastes AWESOME>

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I do the same but w/o the splenda!

bor
    Thnx bros

GQSuperman is offline Banned

casein is slow digesting

so why do you need the fat? especially right before bed if you just took in your carbs in your PWO shake (referring to other thread). just take in a slow acting protein then you dont' have to worry about fat to slow the digestion and you won't have ot worry about the insulin spike from your PWO carbs.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea i was worried about the fat before bed and also no fat cottage cheese has some sugars in it!

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    i dont think you;ll get much out of fat free cottage cheese.

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Fat Free Cottage cheese doesnt have that many carbs in it.... it does however have casein in it, (a very slow burning protein) Its one of the best things to eat before you go to bed.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    yea i was worried about the fat before bed and also no fat cottage cheese has some sugars in it!
    now you are just being anal retentive....unless you are on a super duper absolutely strict as hell cutting diet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    now you are just being anal retentive....unless you are on a super duper absolutely strict as hell cutting diet.
    sorry for speakin the truth bro/ and yes i am cutting

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67

I agree, i was like WTF?

ok i guess that there is no sugar in cottage cheese/ i guess i just made a newbie mistake.........

bro i thought i heard you complain about the sugar in ranch dressing??? which only has 1 gram
    and ur WTFin me about the 7 grams in cottage cheese?

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    so why do you need the fat? especially right before bed if you just took in your carbs in your PWO shake (referring to other thread). just take in a slow acting protein then you dont' have to worry about fat to slow the digestion and you won't have ot worry about the insulin spike from your PWO carbs.
    Yeah, that would be the best sollution,thnx

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro i thought i heard you complain about the sugar in ranch dressing??? which only has 1 gram
    there's a brand called friendship with only 3 grams..check it out...also the sugars are from lactose which digests slower than regular sugars....now i personally am very strict with my diet, but unless you are dieting for a show or a photo shoot or something, the 7 grams wont have a negative effect in my humblest opinion.

Don't even bro me...are you just wanting to start something with me? Why am i coming across this way you ask? Well in the other post you are referencing and are taking out of context, i was talking about a different brand than the other bro's....so to me it sounds as if you got a problem with me or just wanna raise your post count, either way you better back off.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Don't even bro me...are you just wanting to start something with me? Why am i coming across this way you ask? Well in the other post you are referencing and are taking out of context, i was talking about a different brand than the other bro's....so to me it sounds as if you got a problem with me or just wanna raise your post count, either way you better back off.
    no i'm not tryin to start something with you/ i just didnt understand why my comment was takin as if it wasnt true or something, anyway definately not trying to start something wit you man

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Hey luv the way you kicked Mark Hunts fat a$$ btw

Thread Information