mitch911 is offline Member

Sauna after workout

just wondering if this has any effect on the body after a workout with delivering the pwo to the muscles...i usually just drink my pwo in the sauna after my workouts

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    just wondering if this has any effect on the body after a workout with delivering the pwo to the muscles...i usually just drink my pwo in the sauna after my workouts

Not beneficial in any way, you will lose water and will gain it all back once you drink someting. Just take your PWO right after your work out.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Not beneficial in any way, you will lose water and will gain it all back once you drink someting. Just take your PWO right after your work out.

i agree

try sauna before your workout maybe, but IMO just go a few hours before or after you lift or on days off.

are you trying to cut or bulk?

Scooby1 is offline Member
    I like it simply cuz its relaxing.

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    i agree

try sauna before your workout maybe, but IMO just go a few hours before or after you lift or on days off.

are you trying to cut or bulk?
    wow if i took a sauna before my work out i don't think i'd be able to work out what so ever!
    they make me so wayyyyyy to relaxed

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I read in a swedish science magazine that sitting in the sauna burns as much fat as a walk because it dilutes all the blood vessels and forces the heart rate upp. But that must be bull**** right? I mean no muscle besides the heart is doing any work so it cant burn that much kcal....

im bulking...i wasnt concerned with it being a good thing for me...i just like the feeling of sweating even more for about 10 mins worth of sauna after a workout and i usually drink my pwo in it seeing how its right after i lift...the question is would it hinder in any way the consumption of the pwo ?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I read in a swedish science magazine that sitting in the sauna burns as much fat as a walk because it dilutes all the blood vessels and forces the heart rate upp. But that must be bull**** right? I mean no muscle besides the heart is doing any work so it cant burn that much kcal....
    What "magazine" was that? It will burn kcals, because it increases your core temp, somewhat similiar to clenbuterol . However, you only sit in there for a limited time. So you are not going to burn much at all.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Sauna has both goods and bads. Feels **** good an relaxing as well as clears up your skin and your nasal passages. Also, after taking in your post-workout shake, it helps circulate the blood to the muscles.

Bad thing? There's been research stating that after an intense workout, taking a hot shower or hitting up the sauna can actually deter the muscle from repairing at a faster rate. That's why you see or hear about so many NFL players hitting the ice tub. It helps the muscle fascia repair by decreasing the swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Sauna has both goods and bads. Feels **** good an relaxing as well as clears up your skin and your nasal passages. Also, after taking in your post-workout shake, it helps circulate the blood to the muscles.

Bad thing? There's been research stating that after an intense workout, taking a hot shower or hitting up the sauna can actually deter the muscle from repairing at a faster rate. That's why you see or hear about so many NFL players hitting the ice tub. It helps the muscle fascia repair by decreasing the swelling.
    alright this is the info i wanted...any1 wanna add to this

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    What "magazine" was that? It will burn kcals, because it increases your core temp, somewhat similiar to clenbuterol. However, you only sit in there for a limited time. So you are not going to burn much at all.
    "illustrerad vetenskap" is the name of the paper. Its a realy good paper, that is the only doubtfull thing I have ever read in it

Thread Information