Thread: carb loading

dr.shred is offline Senior Member

carb loading

For some reason I look a lot better (much leaner in abs, serratus, and more vascular) when i carb load with simple carbs or on my cheat day if i eat pancakes or cookies then when i increase my carbs with complex carbs sweet potatoes ect. It seems though if I cheat more on these days I look a lot better then when i cheat less? I was wondering if this works better for me then is this what i should do before a show?

-SHRED

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well before a show i would carb up two days prior with a sh!t load of carbs and then right before getting on stage i ate dried fruit, skittles and honey....i went on stage more vascular than i'd ever been...stuff tasted good too.

mitch911 is offline Member
    hahhaha i wish i had a show just so i would have a reason to eat like that

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    yr muscles do become fuller and more vainy cuz of the insulin when giving you'r body carbs especilly after the boby hasn't seen them in awile. but if countinue in the long run i don't think it's going to make yr body leaner..

also maybe yr cutting to many carbs out of yr diet and taking away from the fullness of the muscle and leaving them looking flat, thats not good either

turbolag87 is offline Associate Member
    i notice on my cheat days when i stack up with fat/carb meals that the next day i look leaner? maybe its just me?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_arillius
    yr muscles do become fuller and more vainy cuz of the insulin when giving you'r body carbs especilly after the boby hasn't seen them in awile. but if countinue in the long run i don't think it's going to make yr body leaner..

also maybe yr cutting to many carbs out of yr diet and taking away from the fullness of the muscle and leaving them looking flat, thats not good either
    this was only done pre show...i would never cut that much during my off season, but when you need to get as lean as totally possible for a human being you start to diet in ways that arent really meant for an average person.

Thread Information