Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

What about these foods?

I've heard a bunch of the Vets talking about how they include ranch dressing into their cutting diets.

I don't like ranch.... so I was wondering what you guys thing about including blue cheese in a Pro/Fat meal.... Like chicken breast salad w/blue cheese?

Also.... do any of you include any lean pork into your cutting diets.... like lean pork chops or lean pork steaks?

Thanks for any respones.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, and used to be yes, now no.

Yes in that real ranch/blue cheese/etc., is fine to utilize as a fat source, generally balanced out by including flax oil/almonds/etc. (other healthy fat sources) at other meals. Utilize the FULL fat variety, as the low-fat/non-fat preparations have SUGAR in them to attempt to make up for the lost of taste from fat removal. Well, not only does sugar suck in this case anyhow, it fails miserably at tasting even half-ass good. It's horrid.

Pork chops are fine as well, or tenderloin, there are quite a few lean sources of pork. Pork is not always a "fatty meat" as many think it is. Some cuts are as lean as a chicken breast.

However, I don't eat pork anymore unless it's like bacon or something like that. I just don't like eating pig. It's not a religious thing, I just feel better (whether it be mental or not) when I don't consume it. I'm strictly a BEEF person.

Eat up and enjoy!

~SC~

Thanks Swolecat!

Great Info as always.

I love lean pork chops on the grill (yum yum) but I haven't touched them since I started cutting 8 weeks ago. Needless to say I will be at the butcher tomorrow!

Thanks again

Hawk

I don't see anything wrong w/pork chops @ all, even with a little bit of fat (figured in for your amounts) left on the cut for taste and texture.

I eat the living sh*t out of beef when I diet, and that's a meat w/some fat. (Protein/fat) I love carne asada on the grill (but it pre-made and seasoned) so that would be much like you would be doing, only the pork you use is probably leaner. U can have some of the fat on them, that won't hinder your fat loss. In the absence of carbs, it actually helps fat be let go. Just don't ingest more protein per sitting than you should, and you're good to go.

~SC~

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I had pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. It's one of the leaner cuts of pork.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    pork tenderloin can have close to 0 fat and so can the pork loin itself. Pork chops are a different cut and usually have some fat around the outside which is why they curl when they cook.

Get info guys.

I guess pork really is the other white meat (lol).

Thanks.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yes, and used to be yes, now no.

Yes in that real ranch/blue cheese/etc., is fine to utilize as a fat source, generally balanced out by including flax oil/almonds/etc. (other healthy fat sources) at other meals. Utilize the FULL fat variety, as the low-fat/non-fat preparations have SUGAR in them to attempt to make up for the lost of taste from fat removal. Well, not only does sugar suck in this case anyhow, it fails miserably at tasting even half-ass good. It's horrid.

Pork chops are fine as well, or tenderloin, there are quite a few lean sources of pork. Pork is not always a "fatty meat" as many think it is. Some cuts are as lean as a chicken breast.

However, I don't eat pork anymore unless it's like bacon or something like that. I just don't like eating pig. It's not a religious thing, I just feel better (whether it be mental or not) when I don't consume it. I'm strictly a BEEF person.

Eat up and enjoy!

~SC~

So does this now mean i can go to Hooter's and have wings w/ blue cheese? Please tell me i can? Lie to me if you have to......

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    So does this now mean i can go to Hooter's and have wings w/ blue cheese? Please tell me i can? Lie to me if you have to......
    Why not? I do for a fat/pro meal.

However you can't have too many of them because you quickly go over your allotment.

~SC~

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Only the naked ones right? Otherwise it would be a carb/fat/pro meal.

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    pork tenderloin can have close to 0 fat and so can the pork loin itself. Pork chops are a different cut and usually have some fat around the outside which is why they curl when they cook.
    this is good news im starting to have more variety in my diet..cuz i used to be strict as hell

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why not? I do for a fat/pro meal.

However you can't have too many of them because you quickly go over your allotment.

~SC~
    I would not even consider doing this, how many do you scarf down?

Wednesday's are all you can eat wings for $7.99 but my cheat meal is on Saturday so that is out of the question.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    this is good news im starting to have more variety in my diet..cuz i used to be strict as hell
    Pork is good stuff IMHO

GQSuperman is offline Banned

yeah

starter777 ate KFC and got blasted...guess hooters wings are healthier than KFC. must be the breading is low carb at hooters.

Wings that I am referring have NO breading.

Not sure what wings you all eat, but regular hot wings have meat/skin/sauce.

Nothing more. I've never had "Hooters" wings, so if they have breading, then forget it, it doesn't apply.

Starters suggestions for KFC were a joke, and were not taken seriously by anyone.

~SC~

Thread Information