The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

Cheat Meal/Carb-Up Weekend

Sup guys? Quick question. I'm currently on a cut--155lbs, 10ish% bodyfat. I have saturday and sunday as my off days from lifting and cardio. I was wondering if this was ok for my dietary approach on those days.

Saturday: Cheat/Carb-up Day

Meal 1: pro/fat
    Meal 2: pro/fat
    Meal 3: pro/carb or pro/fat
    Meal 4: cheat (1.pizza w/garlic bread, or 2.swiss cheese and bacon burger, cheddar bacon fries, wings, mozzarella sticks--the whole nine yards)
    Meal 5: pro/fat
    Meal 6: pro/fat

Sunday: "Baby Cheat" Day

Meal 1: pro/fat
    Meal 2: pro/fat
    Meal 3: pro/fat
    Meal 4: pro/carb (belgian waffle w/a ton of real fruit on top like banana, strawberries, pineapple, etc)--the carb meal is my "baby cheat"
    Meal 5: pro/fat
    Meal 6: pro/fat

Is this approach good, or should I just limit my cheat/carb up meals to one day, or heck, even one MEAL????? Thanks fellas.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    just curious to why you are cutting at 155lbs?

..anyways.. I just cheat one day and I cheat in just about all of my meals. I carb up all day long within reason.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    just curious to why you are cutting at 155lbs?

..anyways.. I just cheat one day and I cheat in just about all of my meals. I carb up all day long within reason.
    Thanks for the reply abs. I'll just keep my cheat(s) to one day.

Oh yeah. I was at 190. So I've been cutting since August. So I'm pretty much winding down my cut. I'm trying to get a six-pack going, and then I'll start my bulk --almost there, no doubt

mitch911 is offline Member
    no six pack yet at 10%??

GQSuperman is offline Banned

190 to 155

you dropped from 190 to 155? jesus, why? you've got ot look like a tooth pick. i'd rather have a four pack at 190 than a 6 pack at 155. at least you look like a man at 190. at 155, if the wind blew too hard you'd fall over. ****, if you cut 35 pounds, how much muscle did you lose trying to see your 6 pack?

my advice, bulk up. who cares if you're not shredded. have a clean diet and you'll get there. no need to cut if you're at 155. that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    no six pack yet at 10%??
    it's not uncommon. Some people will show abs above 12% and other needs to get lower to show abs. I know I have to be below 10% for my abs to really show
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    you dropped from 190 to 155? jesus, why? you've got ot look like a tooth pick. i'd rather have a four pack at 190 than a 6 pack at 155. at least you look like a man at 190. at 155, if the wind blew too hard you'd fall over. ****, if you cut 35 pounds, how much muscle did you lose trying to see your 6 pack?

my advice, bulk up. who cares if you're not shredded. have a clean diet and you'll get there. no need to cut if you're at 155. that's ridiculous.
    Why are you so rude? Stick to his question, he didnt ask for a suggestion to bulk or cut.

what you might find ridiculous might not be so ridiculous to another person...keep that in mind next time.

define what it means to be a man or to look like a man to me??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    it's not uncommon. Some people will show abs above 12% and other needs to get lower to show abs. I know I have to be below 10% for my abs to really show
    I'm the same way. I need to be at 10% or lower to show abs and any vascularity. By the way 155 isn't that small when you are ripped. Don't go blowing smoke just because you don't weigh as little. nobody is the same. I come in at 4.5 % bf at 195 and I think I'm small. I would love to be able to compete in a heavier class. I tried once , last year and got smoked.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

i call bull

155 is small no matter how you spin it. as far as my last post....i meant that at 155 you look more like a boy than a man.....referring to the fact that the stereotype of a man is larger than a boy. i weighed 155 back as a freshman in high school, so, althought it may not be PC, I was simply giving my opinion to the guy telling him to stay at 190 and slowly cut up. the fact remains that if you actually dropped from 190 to 155, you've lost some major muscle (unless you were a total fat ass to begin with and only 5'3).

no offense was intended. sorry if some people took it that way.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have to agree that cutting from 190lbs to 155lbs is awkward to begin with and i would like to see pics of before and after.

What has your diet looked liked during your cutting phase?

Everybody is different and depending on your goals it seems you have done it. Congrats...

As far as cheats, that is up to you. If you notice it hendering your gains, drop back to one cheat meal a week.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Just do what makes you happy bro If you want abs then go for it.

IMO though I'd rather be bigger and relatively lean than a twig with abs. But it doesn't matter bro, it's all about what you want and what your immediate goals are. You have your whole life to get big, if the abs are important to you then keep cutting.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Just take in some primobolan to maintain some muscle in the extreme dieting phases.

I'm not offended by any of the comments. I take it all as constructive criticism...I'll post up some pics soon. I'll also be starting my bulk soon. CANT WAIT FOR THOSE CARBS!!!!!

Thread Information