LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan

Cooking sweet potatoes

Ok i'm no chef and I would really like to add some sweet potatoes in my diet. Can I go to the store, by them, and just throw them in the microwave? Honestly I could care less how they taste, just as long as it makes them clean and safe to eat. I wouldn't think eating them raw would be too healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    Ok i'm no chef and I would really like to add some sweet potatoes in my diet. Can I go to the store, by them, and just throw them in the microwave? Honestly I could care less how they taste, just as long as it makes them clean and safe to eat. I wouldn't think eating them raw would be too healthy.
    Yes, you can cook them in the microwave. Wrap 'em in a paper towel and cook until they're tender inside.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    try what i do, put them in for 3 min. after cut them in half and cook for another 3 min.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    You can bake them at around 450 for an hour or so, depending on the size of the potatoe. I think microwaving them may do something to the nutrients, but I'm not sure. Make sure you bake them on some sort of tray, and not just foil. Sweet potatoes drip a sappy substance while baking that is a pain to get off of an oven surface.

Thread Information