Thread: Vegan....?

YouCanDoIt is offline Junior Member

Cool Vegan....?

Hey Bros!

I don't mean to sound like qu##r or nothing, but I want to go on a vegan bulking diet. You read it right- vegan, meaning no animal product whatsoever. (For personal reasons, I've been getting into ) My question is, since any sort of protein ( and complete protein especialy) is not abundant in pland sources, how should I go about that?

seanw is offline Banned
    Bro the words Vegan and bulking are mutually exclusive. You will never get enough calories and protein on that kind of diet to grow sunstantially. My wife is a Vegan, and all I can say for a vegan diet is, "Fuk that"

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats a tough one. Sorry, I have no idea how to bulk with no animal product. Hell, my diet is basically ALL animal products! lol

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Well, to make complete proteins you could eat refried beans with rice, and peanut butter with grains, etc, but that means you are mixing fats and carbs which won't be too bad as you're bulking.....but its generally not a good idea as far as the insulin response you'll get. Plus I've read that you recover better if you eat things that don't cause a huge insulin surge later on in the day, so eating like that all the time won't be ideal.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    "Vegan bulking".. thats like an oxymoron.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    wait till SC see that thread!!!

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YouCanDoIt
    Hey Bros!

I don't mean to sound like qu##r or nothing, but I want to go on a vegan bulking diet. You read it right- vegan, meaning no animal product whatsoever. (For personal reasons, I've been getting into ) My question is, since any sort of protein ( and complete protein especialy) is not abundant in pland sources, how should I go about that?

Invest in eggs, dairy sources, and whey protein, as well as beans, natty pb. These will be your choices. Although with the dairy your mixing fats and carbs, but if bulking that shouldnt be a problem.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    all I can say for a vegan diet is, "Fuk that"
    AMEN!!!

I don't down anyone w/beliefs, religion, etc., but to want to take up a sport that REQUIRES lots of meats and such (usually, as that is the basis of protein sources), is always news to me.

It's hard to have your cake and eat it too in this situation.

That's like dropping out of high school and expecting to graduate from college.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    Invest in eggs, dairy sources, and whey protein, as well as beans, natty pb. These will be your choices. Although with the dairy your mixing fats and carbs, but if bulking that shouldnt be a problem.
    True Vegans would not use whey nor dairy nor eggs.

So we are looking at soy, tits, and trees.

~SC~

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    Bro, Vegans dont eat eggs or dairy thats why they are Vegans and not just plain vegetarians

diesel21 is offline Member
    hmmmmmm..... well.... if your not against juice, just take like 2000 mg of test and gh a week

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Sorry but there is no way to bulk on a vegan diet hell vegatarians have a hard time with it themselves.

Yeah....It does sound nearly impossible. I wonder if some sort of concentrated non-animal protein is available. That way, I could make shakes with an ample amount of protein.

Talking ingredient

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    True Vegans would not use whey nor dairy nor eggs.

So we are looking at soy, tits, and trees.

~SC~
    I do like the second ingredient though.

Thanks bro.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Yeah....It does sound nearly impossible. I wonder if some sort of concentrated non-animal protein is available. That way, I could make shakes with an ample amount of protein.
    You can buy soy protein powder, but i am not in any way a fan of soy protein...Thats about the only thing i can think of!

Sorry bro, you'll need to ask people that are geared specifically towards vegan diets, as nobody here is(to my knowledge)

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Read stuff by Dr Nick Delgado to be a Vegan BBer imo

Thanks Bro

I know you said the reasons for becoming Vegan were personal, but do you mind sharing what they are? (If they are not too personal)

Thanks,
    ~SC~

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Soy protien powder.

Not at all. a while ago I read an article about trace chemicals found in animal products (such as hormones, colorants, etc., not to mention the solution meat and chicken are packed in.) I guess it's kinda paranoid, but I've been doing some research on it, and it's kinda scary. I mean the amount of crap companies will put in their products is rediculous. I don't know if you ever heard of the Food Lion scandal, (this is a pretty good example), but what happened is, Food Lion (a supermarket in the south) got caught doing really bad things to their food (meats mostly), like washing ham with bleach, so it appeared fresh longer, serving expired meat, etc. And yeah, any sort of gear is not the best for you... but at least I know exactly how much and when and how it goes into my body. I'm not a hippie about it....I guess just a bit suspicious. I have reduced my diet to only Tuna and Eggs (for protein) now. That's why I'm thinking about switching to an all vegan diet.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Just cover some meat with spinach and pretend its a plant. Actually, one is far more likely to get sick from plants than animal meat, especially organic. For example, sprouts are the food most likely to have ecoli. I remember not too long ago a bunch of people died from food poisoning because of eating green onions from a Chili's.

Bro you should look into the non-hormone raised animal products. Sure, there is no guarantee abou them, but you would honesly be surprised @ the things that are in all foods, not just animal products. Such as the persticides that are still on fruits and vege's. Naturally rasied animal products are more expensive, but @ least you know they are natural. Hope this helps. SHould you choose the vegan way, good luck to you brotha.

seanw is offline Banned
    Not at all. a while ago I read an article about trace chemicals found in animal products (such as hormones, colorants, etc., not to mention the solution meat and chicken are packed in.) I guess it's kinda paranoid, but I've been doing some research on it, and it's kinda scary. I mean the amount of crap companies will put in their products is rediculous. I don't know if you ever heard of the Food Lion scandal, (this is a pretty good example), but what happened is, Food Lion (a supermarket in the south) got caught doing really bad things to their food (meats mostly), like washing ham with bleach, so it appeared fresh longer, serving expired meat, etc. And yeah, any sort of gear is not the best for you... but at least I know exactly how much and when and how it goes into my body. I'm not a hippie about it....I guess just a bit suspicious. I have reduced my diet to only Tuna and Eggs (for protein) now. That's why I'm thinking about switching to an all vegan diet.
    While I agree this probably happens, I suspect it is rare. Are you going to stop breathing because of the crap in the air or stop drinking water because of the way its treated in the dam's ? I am not flamimg you bro but there are millions of people that live in the civilized world who eat all these products and live long and healthy lives. Personally I think this is a bit of an over reaction, just my opinion.

Ditto to the immediate above.

Thanks for sharing your reasoning however.

~SC~

GQSuperman is offline Banned

meats

i also understand where you are coming from with all the hormones etc. christ, just look at high school girls these days.....they sure didn't develop like that when i was in school. hormones and other enviromental pollutants must have some role. (actually, i know they do. i've attended several reproductive conferences on enviromental estrogens from things like polycarbonates/plastics and their affects on reproductive development etc). however, i figure life is short and i love meat, so i don't let it worry me too much. that may be careless, but whatcha gonna do.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    They have "all natural" meat products... a little more expensive but might be what you are looking for.

plastics

if you're worried about meat hormones....then you don't want to know about plastics. made with polycarbonates....some containing bisphenol A, they dramatically affect reproductive qualities in very minute amounts. as mentioned, i've attended several talks on this subject and my department hosted a conference on the topic. this is a laymens site that gives a brief overview. a search of medline etc will give you scientific articles if your'e interested.
    http://www.foxriverwatch.com/reproductive_pcb_pcbs.html

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    They have "all natural" meat products
    Is that a response to the high school girl post lol hahahahahaha

Yeah. Perhaps vegan is to drastic. I've looked into some "organic" and "all natural" products. Are somewhat expensive, but might be worth it.

What about whey protein? Any idea on how it is made into what it is? I know whey is the liquit stuff on top of yougurt.

I could have only whey protein.....isn't it one of the most complete (as far as the ration of different aa's in it) proteins ?

Thanks bros

P.S. By the way, I have read something about girls now maturing (as in physically) so much earlier than they did fifty years ago. It was something crazy, like 12 years old now, vs. 18....Hormones?

yes

there are multiple studies showing the age of puberty is slowly lowering, most noteably in women.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    Is that a response to the high school girl post lol hahahahahaha
    Only a perv like you would point that out, you sick old man.!!! muahahahaha

But yeah bro, I'd look into natural products.

Thread Information