YoungGuns20 is offline Junior Member

Please Help A College Kid

Hey guys, whats up for the first time in my life I am living in a dorm and need to know what foods to get to eat that I can eat healthy with, we have a kitchen in the bottom which I wouldnt mind using a few times but mostly all I have a Microwave. I do have a foodcard to get healthy foods like Grill Chicken and stuff, but I mean any meats and other foods I can buy and use on a mircowave or whatever.. Much appreciation guys, I worked out at my first Golds Gym, very sweet.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

read

bulking and cutting diet stickies. they outline what you need. as mentioned in posts here...your diet will be very routine after awhile. shopping will become a habit. stick to the meat sections...lean beef, turkey, chicken. eggs work, you'll need oats, brown rice etc. get your healthy fats source and those will be the staple of your diet.

check out hte diet stickies and read some posts on here to see what people are eating and when.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Tuuuuuuuunaaaaaaaaa

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    first of all.. buy urself a george forman grill

I got to University of Kentucky and they will do checks and Foreman Grills are not allowed =( If so I wouldnt be worried, however they have kitchen with everything in the bottom of the dorm.

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    Starkist Tuna packets.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Redz122
    Starkist Tuna packets.
    Not on a college budget.

That stuff can get pretty expensive for a broke ass college student, i should know...i have been one for two years.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    yea bro go with the cans... $.47 each here at Wal-Mart!

If you're feelin like a BALLER you can go with the starkist salmon packets for like $1.50 lol.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    those packets contain less tuna I THINK.. not sure.. thats why I prefer the can

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Are you on a meal plan in a dorm, or is it all self-cooking?

2timer is offline Senior Member
    listen it will be hard with dieting it takes dedication. there will so many girls and alcohol I couldn't maybe you can. just don't over eat and do some cardio! good luck!

GQSuperman is offline Banned

not that expensive

can's are cheaper...put it in tupperware. packets taste better and are more convenient for me. on a college budget......did it for years. and years.....through undergrad, masters and phd programs. don't but the bags of chips or beer and you've got plenty of cash left over to buy tuna in packets etc.

randumb is offline Junior Member
    Oatmeal is very cheap and very good for you. Eggs are pretty cheap (you can buy boxes of 60 at Wal-Mart for around $4). If you have a meal plan, go to your dining hall and load up on as much meat and veggies as you can bring back with you. Also, you should invest in some (bulk) protein powder. 10lbs for $47 ON.

I already have ON 10lbs whey I just went and bought some good tuna cans, and have been eating all the healthy meats, the bottom of my dorm has a kitchen to use.. I have a meal plan, the thing that sucks is you have to go to resturants, at EKU (Eastern Kentucky U.) they had a cafe you could eat like 7 times a week no charge plus you had 800 to spend on groceries, their cafe had like everytype of food you could imagine. **** I wish I would have stayed at the college next to my house.. but at the same time UK is the ****, its basketball season lol

Thread Information