bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

PWO while "on", and a BWO question

1. While on my cycle, I was thinking of doubling my PWO shake amount, I do one scoop of dex (I assume thats 60g), and a scoop of whey (30g) - since my body can process more protein while on my cycle. Can't do much harm I supose? I'll try it for a week and see what happens.

2. It's no good to have a dex/pro shake b4 your workout, but would it be beneficial to have just a whey shake? (BWO shake )

Btw, the cycle is a bulker, but I don't want to gain fat (a lot of fat )

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Hey bor, why is it no good to have a pro/dex shake before the workout?

bor
    As far as I know, you'd have two insulin spikes too close together, and the PWO wouldn't be as effective. And you'd get fatigued in the middle of your workout, like if you had a snickers bar - a sudden rush and then fatigue...-

Starkraven is offline Junior Member
    right. too quick of energy. useless. stick with complex carbs 1hr pre-workout for prolonged energy (1-2 hrs) so you can train, then you can do the dex/whey, but i eat oats/egg whites post-workout and am cutting anyway.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkraven
    right. too quick of energy. useless. stick with complex carbs 1hr pre-workout for prolonged energy (1-2 hrs) so you can train, then you can do the dex/whey, but i eat oats/egg whites post-workout and am cutting anyway.
    For complex carbs to come to any benefit during a workout they would have to be consumed approx. 4 hours prior, so this isn't any better....

Having half your PWO shake DURING your workout has been proven to increase amino acid absorption, and increase blood pump, aka oxygen and nutrient transport, into the muscles! Then immediately after consume the other 1/2 of your shake!

bor
    What about doubling my PWO coz of my cycle?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I drink an isopure zero carb 40 mg protein drink and take a no doz (200mg caffeine) before i workout. It gets me going and seems to last. is it a bad idea??

bor
    No, not at all, but its the caffeine that gets you going, not the protein

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I would double your pro/carb ratios to 50/100 for pwo. You could use these amounts even if you were off. Your body,after wo, is in a unique state where it will be able to assimillate more protein, and your muscle gycogen is so depleted after wo, that you need those amounts anyway.

6_pak is offline Associate Member

2 Pwo ??

Im splitting up my workout today into 2 parts. Back in am and bis in pm( approx. 7 hrs apart. Would i need 2 pwo shakes after both. I know i would for back but what about bis, if so , at the same amounts??? i get 50/100 for pwo.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    I would double your pro/carb ratios to 50/100 for pwo. You could use these amounts even if you were off. Your body,after wo, is in a unique state where it will be able to assimillate more protein, and your muscle gycogen is so depleted after wo, that you need those amounts anyway.

That is how much i typically use. If cutting i might back down to 40/80 just to lose a few extra cals!

When i bulk on cycle i just eat everything. I eat mostly clean, but i pile in soo much food! Like 500g carbs per day!

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    No, not at all, but its the caffeine that gets you going, not the protein
    ok cool. thanks

Thread Information