submissionman is offline Junior Member

Cool Drinking/Cheat meals

I am tryin to decide when my cheat day/meals will fall into during the week. I have my diet down but wanted some input on alcohol consumption. I know that I shouldn't drink at all if I want to do it right, but this Sat. is my best friends birthday and I would like to drink. I am thinking on having a cheat meal, like pizza on Sat. night before drinking and then drink a few vodka/Redbull (sugar-free) Sat. night. Wake up Sun. and have a couple more cheat meals and then get back to my diet Sun. evening. Does this sound ok? If not, what should I do?

se11 is offline Associate Member
    well, since I am not trying to be the next mr.olympia or anything, i drink every now and then and have some pizza, ect. but, i would say go easy on the pizza. one slice can equal and excede 300 calories and make sure you don't have any sausage or extra cheese toppings. this is just what i think and i am no means a diet vet or wizard.

Unless your getting ready to compete or something, I say get drunk, eat pizza and have fun, but eat all your garbage on the same day, not spaced out throughout 2 consecutive days. The reason being, alot of fat metabolizing properties are associated with sleep. You wouldnt want to sleep then wake up and eat more junk.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I say pig out and have fun. Are you going to ruin your goals by having a few cheat meals? Probably not. If ou are 100% during the week, then I'd say you have some room to cheat on the weekends. As long as you are still achieving your goals.

it seriously all depends on your goals like JD says, if your goal is to compete or be in a magazine I'd say to hell with alcohol. If your just trying to look fairly lean then have fun bro. Bodybuilding can work for you, but it can work against you sometimes too. I've looked back on alot of fun I had chosen to miss out on, I love getting in great shape, but lets face it, how many times are you going to have your shirt off a year when it's not summer?

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    it seriously all depends on your goals like JD says, if your goal is to compete or be in a magazine I'd say to hell with alcohol. If your just trying to look fairly lean then have fun bro. Bodybuilding can work for you, but it can work against you sometimes too. I've looked back on alot of fun I had chosen to miss out on, I love getting in great shape, but lets face it, how many times are you going to have your shirt off a year when it's not summer?
    Exactly.

kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member
    The toughest decicions in life are the most important. If drinking will help you atain your goals then by all means get hammered. It all depends on why you are in this game.

submissionman is offline Junior Member
    Thankx a bunch. Good input

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I also agree that if you are going to "cheat" do it all at the same time, spreading it out will only hinder you in the long run.

Thread Information