brew035 is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb Window of Opportunity

Hey bro's just thought this could be helpful. Go to www.abcbodybuilding.com first-click on nutrition second-click on advanced nutrition then-click on window of opportunity. It is about when to take your postworkout meal and what it should consist of. This is some good **** here dont doubt me because im a newbie TRUST ME!! It will and should help all of us understand a little more about or bodies and how they react to a hard workout,and what they need to recover. With out loosing muscle.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    Hey bro's just thought this could be helpful. Go to www.abcbodybuilding.com first-click on nutrition second-click on advanced nutrition then-click on window of opportunity. It is about when to take your postworkout meal and what it should consist of. This is some good **** here dont doubt me because im a newbie TRUST ME!! It will and should help all of us understand a little more about or bodies and how they react to a hard workout,and what they need to recover. With out loosing muscle.

I don't agree with their "POST WORK OUT SUPER SHAKE!!!!" No need for glutamine PWO and all that other nonsense. Dextrose/Whey.. its pretty simple.

L-Glutamine plays an important role in:

1. Protein metabolism

2. Cell Volumizing

3. Increased Strength and Endurance

4. Tissue Repair

5. Higher Growth Hormone output

6. Anti-catabolism/Decreased chance of overtraining

7. Immune system enhancer

High-protein foods such as meat, fish, beans and dairy products are excellent sources of glutamine that should be eaten on a regular basis as well as supplementation.

Under periods of stress like really intense workouts, glutamine becomes critical because your body may not be able to make enough of it. If enough glutamine is not supplied by the diet, then the loss of muscle tissue will provide the supply.

When I read the whole article there is a section that talks about L-Glutamine. Those things above are just some of the things it said i dont know man sounds like some good **** to me. But take what you want from it! Im going to search else where and see if this is true or not.

I dont think this was an opinion made by Adam Knowlden. Im pretty sure it was some facts. Maybe some of the other brothers can back me up on this story. Im sure that Swole would know. Im going to make a new thread out of this here.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    L-Glutamine plays an important role in:

1. Protein metabolism

2. Cell Volumizing

3. Increased Strength and Endurance

4. Tissue Repair

5. Higher Growth Hormone output

6. Anti-catabolism/Decreased chance of overtraining

7. Immune system enhancer

High-protein foods such as meat, fish, beans and dairy products are excellent sources of glutamine that should be eaten on a regular basis as well as supplementation.

Under periods of stress like really intense workouts, glutamine becomes critical because your body may not be able to make enough of it. If enough glutamine is not supplied by the diet, then the loss of muscle tissue will provide the supply.

When I read the whole article there is a section that talks about L-Glutamine. Those things above are just some of the things it said i dont know man sounds like some good **** to me. But take what you want from it! Im going to search else where and see if this is true or not.

I dont think this was an opinion made by Adam Knowlden. Im pretty sure it was some facts. Maybe some of the other brothers can back me up on this story. Im sure that Swole would know. Im going to make a new thread out of this here.
    I'm not disagreeing witth the general use of Glutamine, but I am disagreeing with it used for PWO purposes. The glutamine will just interupt the protein absorbtion.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I'm not disagreeing witth the general use of Glutamine, but I am disagreeing with it used for PWO purposes. The glutamine will just interupt the protein absorbtion.
    Sorry bro, you're thinking of the wrong type of glutamine. I'ts best to take glutamine PWO because with a high insulin spike, you're going to get a better uptake.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I believe A.R. has a plethora of information on pwo nutrition.

ABC is good, but I learned my ABC's in kinder.

~SC~

thanks swole i was hoping that you would see this thread. I m trying to get a new post worl ot shake and meal figured out been reading alot of diffirent stuf. and everyone seems to be argueing with the next. I know you know you stuf so waht do you think is the best thing for post workout.

I weigh 155 at 5'8" i eat pleanty of food. Through out the day a eat ad drink over 200g of protein.

just 9 months ago i was aroun 138 to 143 mostly at the 138 just wasnt eatin enough ya know what im saying and oh yeah im wawnting to do this natural. Figure if i can put on 17 to 12 pounds every 9 months a should be o.k.
    Last edited by brew035; 02-13-2005 at 11:38 AM.

Thread Information