Aggression is offline Member

Is combining protein+dextrose+creatine for PWO shake alright?

I recently started taking CEX creatine by VPX. I have been taking it right before (with my pre workout meal) and right after with my PWO shake. Before I go to the gym I mix the protein, dextrose, and creatine in the shaker. Than right after my workout I drink the shake.

Is this alright? Will the combining of these three affect one another at all? Should I take the creatine maybe with my PPWO meal or is this fine?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Fine by me.

~SC~

Swole, I did a search here and in some of the posts it says that mixing the three is a big no-no because the protein and creatine fight for absorbtion? Swole, have you ever mixed the three and had good results? I know you know your stuff and have got the built to show for it but I would like to know if this is ideal.

Also, here is one of the posts I was talking about:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=4408
    Last edited by Aggression; 02-07-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Im not 100% on this but what I do now is...

PWO = Dextrose / Glutamine / Creatine

PPWO= Whey Protein

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Sounds good Angelis, I'll be doing that as a part of my PCT, no need for glutamine or creatine right now!What are the doses?

Carbs around 75-100g
    Creatine 7-10g
    Glutamine 7-10g

Protein 50-100g

It all depends on what I feel I need at the time... it almost never the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Im not 100% on this but what I do now is...

PWO = Dextrose / Glutamine / Creatine

PPWO= Whey Protein
    Are you saying you have no protein in your first liquid offering, then as the 2nd meal (which is usually solid) you have only whey?

Hope not.

~SC~

For the record, I don't use creatine but I used to and I mixed it w/my pwo offering.
    I also took it 2 other times during the day, first thing a.m. and before bed.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Are you saying you have no protein in your first liquid offering, then as the 2nd meal (which is usually solid) you have only whey?

Hope not.

~SC~
    No im not saying that im not that stupid I eat a real meal I just drink 2 PWO shakes... I seperate the shakes bcs the Protein and Glutamine fight for uptake... right?

How much they "fight" is a subject that is so "iffy" it's too hard to get a concrete answer as to if it would affect your results. Unless you seperate them by like 45 mins to an hour or more, I also don't see what difference it's really going to make, and I believe you would be short-changing yourself from the key aminos needed immediately after training if you waited that long or longer.

~SC~

I thought of that I take an Amino Acid Complex and Vitamin Complex PWO

Is the Amino Acid and Vitamin Complex gonna be enough bcs if not I will change it... I know ur very good at this stuff and I repect that!

Will the dextrose help shuttle the creatine into your muscles Swole?

Also, do you need to cycle creatine or could you take it every day for the rest of your life? Will taking it every single day without cycling shut down your natural creatine production? If you need to cycle what is a good rotation (4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off ok)?
    Last edited by Aggression; 02-07-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Is the Amino Acid and Vitamin Complex gonna be enough bcs if not I will change it... I know ur very good at this stuff and I repect that!
    I don't believe an amino acid supplement is going to be anywhere near the amount of aminos found in 40-50 grams of whey protein.

~SC~

Hey Swole what about my two other questions? Could you check the post right above yours (the one about dex helping transport the creatine and cycling creatine). I would really like your view on these two subjects.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I think if you drink a lot of water, you can combine all three with no problems or diminished effects. I typically drink 16 oz. water, 40 grams dex, and 2-3 grams creatine right after lifting. Then, immediately after or within 10 minutes, I'll drink 16 oz. water, 40 grams whey, and 40 grams dex. After that, I'll drink another 16oz water over an hour or so. You only really need about 2 grams of creatine per day, the rest has been found out to be wasted. The only reason everyone takes 5 is that before creatine was rigorously tested, every supplement company decided on 5 grams as a serving, before checking for differences in effects due to serving size. The 2 grams finding is pretty recent, and the supplement companies haven't (or won't, simply because it is more profitable to reccomend 5) caught up yet.

Also, the cycling of creatine is just to avoid excess creatine from forming deposits in the kidneys, as in kidney stones. Drinking a lot of water will cut this down, as will dropping the amount of creatine to avoid excess deposits.

Thread Information