mactruck42 is offline New Member

pre/post workout shakes

i was wondering what a pre workout shake should contain and how long b4 you lift should you take it? i currently take a 50g whey, 5g glutamine, 25g dextrose, 5g creatine shake about 1/2 hr before i lift. i use gatorade powder mix to get my dextrose its listed as a second ingredient on back and have been told it works as dextrose.
    -for my post workout shake i take 50g protein, 5g glutamine, 10g creatine and 50g dextrose. i usually start to sipp on the creatine and dextrose shake about 1hr into my workout and add my protein and glutamine to it and drink that soon as im done. the same with supplementing gatorade powder in for dextrose. anyways any help will be great thanks alot

i was also wondering if you should take flax seed oil pre workout? i have heard not to but also heard to take it if your on a cutting diet. let me know thanks fellas

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I utilize dex/iso pwo only, never pre-wo. I don't like crashing mid-workout, nor elevating my insulin levels greatly at any time other than that of the pwo time-frame.

Having said that, my meal pre-workout is usually an iso/flax shake, or solid fat/pro meal. I'd have ingested a slow burning carb much earlier in the day, so I can have that for fuel (glycogen/glucose) for the actual workout. No lethargy and jacked slin either.

~SC~

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactruck42
    i was wondering what a pre workout shake should contain and how long b4 you lift should you take it? i currently take a 50g whey, 5g glutamine, 25g dextrose, 5g creatine shake about 1/2 hr before i lift. i use gatorade powder mix to get my dextrose its listed as a second ingredient on back and have been told it works as dextrose.
    -for my post workout shake i take 50g protein, 5g glutamine, 10g creatine and 50g dextrose. i usually start to sipp on the creatine and dextrose shake about 1hr into my workout and add my protein and glutamine to it and drink that soon as im done. the same with supplementing gatorade powder in for dextrose. anyways any help will be great thanks alot
    If I'm correct, glutamine and whey should never be consumed in the same sitting.

why is it bad to consume whey and glutamine at the same time?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    If I'm correct, glutamine and whey should never be consumed in the same sitting.
    Most protein powders actually have glutamine in them...

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactruck42
    why is it bad to consume whey and glutamine at the same time?
    because the glutamine fights for absorption, and not much it utilized.I think this is correct, someone back me up.
    Last edited by aXe; 02-06-2005 at 11:21 PM.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    because the glutamine fights for absorption, and not much it utilized.I think this is correct, someone back me up.
    I have heard this also but don't know the facts or scientific proof.

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Why risk it? You don't need the glutamine PWO anyway, simply take it later in the evening/day and leave PWO shake for Dextrose, Creatine (if you use it), and whey.

tug
    tug is offline New Member
    i heard it doesnt matter when you take creatine after your workout and that the dextrose really doesnt aid in transporting it. for my PreWO i put two scoops 50 gof whey, flax, a slow burning carb, 1/2 cup of oat meal and for my pwo i used 25g protien and 60g of dextrose with a banana, i weigh about 155 and i have 8% bf. does this sound good. for shakes, or does anyone have a suggestion?

So Are You Guys Saying Dont Take The Glut Before Working Out Or Are Saying Dont Take It Afterwards Or Both? And If Protein Has Some Glut Added To It Then Why Would They Fight For Absorbtion, You Would Think That Supplement Comp. Would Have Figured That Out

Thread Information