solid90062 is offline Member

Is there a simpler way to diet???

I hate this crap about turning food into a mathematical equation. I wanna make life simpler. I dont wanna have to measure out portions on a scale, nor do I wanna have to get a Phd in order to have a meal.

There has gotta be a simpler way to do this...
    I'm 5'9 178, about 12-13%bf

So in going with what i have said ...does this make sense?? Will it work? The goal is to lose a 10-15lbs.

(1 portion of meat=size of palm/1 portion of vegetable=size of 2 palms)
    5 meals a day.

Meal 1. 1 portion lean meat(Sirloin Chicken breast, turkey, etc), egg whites, rye toast.
    Meal 2. Fruit (high fiber- i.e apples, pears, grapes,cantalope, honey dew, etc)
    Meal 3. 1 portion lean meat, fibrous vegetable (brocolli, green beans, etc)
    Meal 4. More fruit
    Meal 5. Lean meat, fibrous vegetable
    Last edited by solid90062; 03-28-2002 at 12:24 PM.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    No get rid of the fruit it's pure sugar. One of the keys to dieting is controlling slin. So that is why low carbs work well and stick with stuff that is natural and low on GI index, sweet potato's brown rice that kind of thing. What you want to do is eat about 2g of protien per lbs of bodyweight and keep carbs low at least 5 days out of six. I also believe carb cycling works well say 60g on day 80 one days 100 one day and so on and give yourself one day to carb up. Veggies are good eat those to fill you up as you not eating a lot of carbs. Also make sure you get enough good fats: flax oil and that type of thing, lots of info in diet form on this. Easy way to keep track of things is like this:

1g protien = 4 cals
    1g carbs = 4 cals
    1g fat = 9 cals

I am sure lots fo guys will not aggree with me, but low carbs works well for MOST ppl. I do not beleive zero carbs is good idea. Also make sure you do cardio either 1st in morning before you eat or post workout around 40min depending on how you fat is dropping.

If i drop fruits...what would suggest as a simple snack between meals?

edraven29 is offline Associate Member
    If you wanna add some supplement try some protein bars ( well its true that you get sugar in there too)

Diet is not fun at all beleive me but its a small sacrafice to get the type of body you want.

Apples are good and digested slowly but of course you still get some sugar.

You got some good old yoguourt that you can eat.

You dont really have to make it so hard by weighting your food just eat small portions of equal protein and carbs and limit fats and thats it.

Weird that i say that being on low carb right now.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Aren't you hungry on that diet?

Celery makes a great between meal snack, so does fresh brocoli and coliflower. Walden Farms make a dip you can use in several varieties that has 0g fat, 0g carbs, ond 0 calories (as nearly as I can tell there is nothing at all in it at all). Its not half bad.

I know you say you are eating veggies already, but I doubt more can hurt.
    Last edited by beenie; 03-28-2002 at 04:35 PM.

I think that will basically be it as far as the diet...hunger is not usually the problem...just cravings for junk food, but I will just have to fight thru that.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    bro I'm gonna give you some good advice, if you wanna go somewhere in BB then never and I say never eat a meal without protein in it. Protein needs to be the staple of your diet, you eat around your protein, the major part of the meal should consist of the protein. When I eat a meal I eat the protein first, then I eat the veggies and carbs, you don't want to fill up on veggies or fruit or carb and leave your precious protein sittin there feelin lonely...eat that shit up first.. once you learn to do this you will start to notice a diference in your body. BTW - protein is the hardest to digest, therefore your body burns more calories digesting Protein than any other food group...get this down and you'll have...bigger muscles...and you'll burn more cals. Also I have to add other than meal 2-4 your diet looks great!

SOLID

Meal 2 and 4 were really snacks to stave off hunger, and keep the metabolism going...What would you suggest for these meals in line with adding protein? (beside shakes and bars)

Thread Information